S65 vs XJR

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bogus7430

Car
None
Hi All,
I am quite keen a purchasing a S65 w221 and have been reading up a lot about it one other car I have shortlisted is the Jaguar XJ R. One is v 12 and other is v8. Completely different engines I know but wanted to know anyone who has the chance to drive both cars and share thier experiences/feedback on which is a better car to drive as a everyday car.

I've sat in both / driven a W221.

The W221 has a lot more room - the XJ is a tight squeeze!

XJ is more E Class size I seem to remember - but way less room than even the E I have!

I've only driven the XJR and thought it was pleasantly brisk, felt like a much smaller car but was severely let down by an interior that looked nice felt incredibly cheap.

Interestimg to read both comments. On paper, XJ (351) is longer than the S class. I have had the diesel version of the XJ and I think rear leg room is ok but can't remember much as I always was in the driver's seat.

Ah - I thought you were talking X350!

Merc any day. V12 twin turbo. And roomier. :devil:

ALL XJs are S class sized- but they have always been tight space wise(unless lwb) - yes a (smaller) E class would have more room

I probably assumed because they are so small inside - they couldn't possibly be S Class sized - or even E.

Just goes to show how bad they made use of all that size of car!

I probably assumed because they are so small inside - they couldn't possibly be S Class sized - or even E.

Just goes to show how bad they made use of all that size of car!

Head and legroom are poor- although XJs are said to wider than rivals-that's were they have better space . Apprently it creates a "cosy interior" (Jagspeak for cramped basically)
From the outside there is no mistaking that the XJ is full size luxury car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom