S65 wanted!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bogus7430

Car
None
HI, I am looking for a prev generation(w221) S65. Need one maintained by a MB fan and i am scared to go to an independent as too many out there who don't what they are selling..Please PM with details if you have one for sale

You need to ask to have your PM enabled as it wont until you have 30 posts otherwise.

Good luck with the search - I don't think there are too many S65s on here.

Wow that is beautiful

I have seen that car and spoken to that dealer. but that indy does not aheva good reputation. my knowledge about this car is weak. so searching forums for more info.

if anyone is aware of any knows concerns or things to look out for in a car of this age and mileage, i would appreciate it.

Thanks

Now marked as 'Deposit taken'.

I thought its MOT history was interesting - OK for miles and dates, but a bit surprising that a car with 'full Mercedes service history at same dealer' is presented for MOT with worn tyres and once with handbrake not working.

^ Doesn't ring true, does it? :dk:

A member here used to own a car that is currently for sale on AT. I've PMed him to see if he is willing to share his experience.

Hiya, yes this is my old car.

Mercedes-Benz S Class 6.0 S65 AMG Limousine 4dr

I bought it with 16,000 mls on it for £40k (from memory) from MB MK. I love S classes so I'm biased but this was the best car I've ever owned really. Sensational thrust, fantastic sound and nothing went wrong with it. The Brabus wheels are too big really, fronts touch the inner arches very slightly, I had a set of Gen II S65 wheels on it most of the time. Made a big difference as those wheels are very heavy by comparison to the AMG forged items.

I traded it for about £24k, with 40k miles on it. So £28k from a dealer with 10k more miles is a bit toppy for me. £24-£25k wouldn't be a bad price. It's a hell of a lot of car for the money.

Hiya, yes this is my old car.

Mercedes-Benz S Class 6.0 S65 AMG Limousine 4dr

I bought it with 16,000 mls on it for £40k (from memory) from MB MK. I love S classes so I'm biased but this was the best car I've ever owned really. Sensational thrust, fantastic sound and nothing went wrong with it. The Brabus wheels are too big really, fronts touch the inner arches very slightly, I had a set of Gen II S65 wheels on it most of the time. Made a big difference as those wheels are very heavy by comparison to the AMG forged items.

I traded it for about £24k, with 40k miles on it. So £28k from a dealer with 10k more miles is a bit toppy for me. £24-£25k wouldn't be a bad price. It's a hell of a lot of car for the money.

My word, you gave it away! I've been trying to buy a CL65 AMG and it's a nightmare, they're like hens teeth and the two I've been to seen have both been from non-franchised dealers, both have been 6.5 hour round trips (driving time), and both were as rough as bu66ery. :wallbash:

I fancied a CL65 AMG, but the right S65 AMG may do the trick. I'll be gutted if you advertised it here and I missed it.

Not really, I took MB for £43,000 on the SL63 I traded it for. ;)

Even on AT, there are bugger all for sale.

Not an easy car to buy second hand it seems!

There's only about 50-60 in the country I think so not going to be easy to find one full stop.

I read all about that S65 and the eventual sale. nice write up btw. but yes, not many on sale and the only good one is 2011 and is at John Holland for 69k. a bit beyond my budget

JohnEBoy said:
Even on AT, there are bugger all for sale. Not an easy car to buy second hand it seems!

There are seven plus for sale on At.

I nearly bought one and backed out last min, ended up getting a 760Li

Inside felt a bit dated to me.

Good luck with the search, took me ages to even go see one.

Love the 7 though

My word, you gave it away! I've been trying to buy a CL65 AMG and it's a nightmare, they're like hens teeth and the two I've been to seen have both been from non-franchised dealers, both have been 6.5 hour round trips (driving time), and both were as rough as bu66ery. :wallbash:

I fancied a CL65 AMG, but the right S65 AMG may do the trick. I'll be gutted if you advertised it here and I missed it.

I suffered the same when I was looking for a CL63/65

Nothing on the 65's about so I ended up with the 63 - Still fancy a 65 next

I was at my local dealer the other week and there was a S65 in for service, what a beast of a car it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom