SA-180d (Sport) Strange Noises & Dash Display Intermittent Fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

divettri

Car
A180d Sport
Hi, I bought my 1st M-B in May 2019, an A-Class A180d (Sport) 2016 model. The car has run well so far but after returning from holiday in August, there has been a strange, intermittent development.

Basically, when starting the vehicle, usually from cold (i.e. parked up overnight), there is quite a bit of clicking & some bumping coming seemingly from the engine bay area, even before ignition (i.e. 1st key click).

Then, and again from cold, there is a noise that resembles a mobile phone vibrating once ignition has occurred. This seemingly comes from above a plastic panel, centrally beneath the rear seats. It is this noise that is concerning me most. It is not evident each cold start, only some of the time & rarely occurs after the 1st drive of the day.

Finally, the last issue I have is that the centre dashboard display, when set on the Fuel Consumption display, often goes blank. The only way to get the display back is to select another option using left/right arrows to take the display off the Master Trip Display.

Any help or advise would be most welcome.

Thanks,
Ricki

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom