SA Tele atlas DX rip off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daniemj

Car
Mercedes ML 270 CDI 2002 Facelift
HI there.

I think the South African Tele Atlas DX disks in South AFrica is a real rip off. I did a comand retrofit on my 2002 mercedes ml. I bought the newest tele atlas dx disk earlier this year. The newest disk that is available in South Africa is only 2006 and it cost R2100 (190 british pound). All other countries with tele atlas dx disk have 2010 versions. Apart from the price and year, it only has data for the big cities and none for smaller roads or normal towns. I have bought a garmin nuvi gps for less money that the tele atlas disk was and it include all the newest maps of the whole of South Africa, including all the smaller roads and cities.

It is unaccaptable that they sell these disks for these expensive prices and then they don't even bother to upgrade to 2010?

I am staying in Port Elizabeth and am considering moving to Johannesburg.

I have a w202 c230K 1998-1999 model and have the din radio but with the navigation function (radio model 4716)

Now I am thinking of purchasing the new cd from Mercedes Benz dealer but don’t know how up to date it is?

One thing though the turn by turn voice and signs is spot on and a little bit better than the Garmin (it’s a small amount but it makes a difference when you on the freeways in Johannesburg)

Do you think it will be a good option to buy the cd's?? and what do you get for it.

Look on Ebay for the cd's??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom