Safe car parking near London, to get train into London?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AANDYY

Car
E300DT-W210-1997-Elegance-Azurite Metalic Blue. (Don't mention the rust, LOL) Running on WVO. 65k m
In October 4 of us are off to Bletchley Park :thumb:, the next day we'd like to go to London for the day, so need safe car parking in or near a train station to get into London, any idea's?

I used to park on Longland Drive near the Totteridge & Whetstone tube station. I used to live in Stanmore, and a lot of people park close to Canons Park tube station, too.

But I'm sure someone here knows some places closer to the centre.

Dont know if this helps but I've parked at Stanmore before now and got the tube in. Leaves you very close to the M1 for the crawl out at the end of the day.

Thanks guys, the parking doesn't have to be near the centre.

What about the Park and Ride near Luton airport. Keeps you well away form the M25 circle..

In October 4 of us are off to Bletchley Park :thumb:, the next day we'd like to go to London for the day, so need safe car parking in or near a train station to get into London, any idea's?

Bletchley train station is opposite Bletchley park, fully covered by CCTV Direct trains to Euston

I don’t know if it helps or not, but the last 3 times I’ve been into London to sightsee with the family, I’ve used Google street maps and used on road parking bays - it depends what day and time you’ll be going, but I found it surprisingly easy to park close to the centre, and as there are 5 of us (wife and children, hence not a fan of the tube) it was cheaper to park for free and get a short cab ride to our destination.

Obviously your car is left all day though, so not sure how safe it is!

Also, I was in West Ferry Road (Isle of Dogs) last week, and there was a car park compound next to the print site that charged £5 for all day parking.

Thanks guys, the parking doesn't have to be near the centre.

Don`t know if is any good but you can park outside my house SE12
Train is about 10 min walk and you can get a train to London Bidge

Is there a tube station near the end of the M1 or M40 with secure/safe car parking?
M1 or M40 gives us a good route home to Blackpool.

Is there a tube station near the end of the M1 or M40 with secure/safe car parking?
M1 or M40 gives us a good route home to Blackpool.

If you came in on the A40 you could park at Westfield in Shepherd's Bush and take the tube in from there. Bonus is that you could do some shopping at Westfield. My Mrs likes it.

If you come in off the M1 and down the A5 there's a multi-story just off Abbey Road and tubes near there (can't remember which ones).

....or do what I do. Drive into the centre and park in the underground behind John Lewis. You step out of your car right into the west end. Result.

Do you really have to go on a Tuesday?

Why don't you do a little planning to go to Bletchley on Saturday and drive anywhere you like free parking on Sunday even off the streets of Oxford St. Be wary of parking on resident spaces though, a traffic warden will be waiting with a ticket.

You can go on Saturday too but limited free parking near Euston and University of London(only one street).

Ar! you might have misunderstood, should have been,

In October, four of us are off to Bletchley Park :thumb:

We are going to London on a Sunday.

Just saw this, if you're coming down the M40 via Hillingdon, you're welcome to park at my house. I'm about a 10minute walk from Hillingdon station. The driveway is fairly busy, but there usually is a bit of space to squeeze a car in. Otherwise there's the street, which is free and there haven't been any problems in the area since I moved here (10 years).

Hillingdon station car park is relatively safe (one problem in 10 years, where they broke the fuel cap trying to syphon fuel... luckily I had a locking screw cap under that!) and cheap (£3.50 a day)

Otherwise there is Uxbridge, which has a few multistorey parking lots at various prices. Tube is at most a 5 min walk from most of them.

M.

Ar! you might have misunderstood, should have been,

In October, four of us are off to Bletchley Park :thumb:

We are going to London on a Sunday.

You said you are going to BP on 4th Oct which is a Monday and go on to London the following day which is Tuesday.

Did I read the wrong calendar?:doh::rolleyes:

When my wife and daughters go to London for their 4 day shopping spree they park at one of the Heathrow airport car parks, and get the shuttle to the nearest tube station into London.

No need to get stressed Jason :crazy:, may be I should have added a comma before the #4 or actually wrote four, sorry for the misunderstanding :).

As has been said, if it’s a Sunday, it’ll be fairly easy to drive to your destination and find a free parking bay - we did this when going to the Natural History Museum and Science Museum, ended up being a cheap day out, no congestion charge, no parking charge, and free entry to the museum (although we did donate to each, as they were both great places to visit) and had the comfort of our own car without the hassle of public transport!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom