Safely secure Comand in dash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ElecTriX

Car
W211 E320 2002
Hey guys,

Just bought a used Comand NTG-1 from a scrapyard. They stated that the quality was A (it means it works and is not broken in any way).

Received it and installed it and it worked great but see attached image.
They cut of the "arms" on both sides of the radio so it can't be fastened in the dash. Probably because the idiot who removed it couldn't remove it correct..

Called them up and they refuse to accept a return as "How do we know that that is our radio or that you didn't do that yourself? No return, sorry.".

So.. Pretty ####ing angry about the situation I was hoping that maybe an expert in here might know a solution? Change the steel-front-frame, what part? Secure it some other way? :(

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• bilradio_kapad.jpg
    bilradio_kapad.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 65
Ah so our rules for goods purchased by post won't apply!

We also have rules and I could return the item but they probably would just send it back and state that I am the one who "broke" it.. It's hard for me to prove that I received it in this condition.

None the less, the radio works perfect and I got it kind of cheap so if there was a fix I could do myself I would get very happy. :eek:

Edit:

Does anybody know if the steel-frame (with the arms) from a Audio 50 would work as replacement and fit the Comand?

Last edited:
Over here if you pay by credit card you are pretty well covered.

I am sure must be able to find a solution to fit it in though

Over here if you pay by credit card you are pretty well covered.

I am sure must be able to find a solution to fit it in though

Maybe the steel-frame (with the arms) from my old Audio 50 can work or the solution to do like the attached image.

One very short and flat screw beneath the radio and one that goes into the "dash-frame" ? Don't really know..

Attachments

• screws.jpg
    screws.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 16
Do those tabs just hold it in place? If you slide it in, does it wobble about?

If it is secure just slid in, a bodge that would work would be 4 small dots of hot melt glue In the corners.

The audio 50 looks different so I don't think that would be useful, and I wouldn't screw into any holes that aren't already tapped for screw threads

Do those tabs just hold it in place? If you slide it in, does it wobble about?

If it is secure just slid in, a bodge that would work would be 4 small dots of hot melt glue In the corners.

The audio 50 looks different so I don't think that would be useful, and I wouldn't screw into any holes that aren't already tapped for screw threads

I've decided to go with the approach to re-create the arms using various metal parts. :) It will probably not be easier but it will be safer than to screw new holes.

I've decided to go with the approach to re-create the arms using various metal parts. :) It will probably not be easier but it will be safer than to screw new holes.
Good plan;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom