Safest way to clean my engine bay.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

babyblueCE

Car
300 CE
Hello all. Can anyone please advise what will be the best way to clean my engine bay? Its absolutely filthy and when the rainy weather eases i will give it a good clean, but before i do so what steps would i need to take to avoid getting water/cleaner in electrical parts? I have a 300 CE J Reg and have been told not to jet wash it as water will ruin the electrical system. Any advise will be much appreciated.

I use a steam cleaner on my cars engines quite reguarly, havent had a problem yet. Just dont aim at the fuse box, ect for longer than you have to.

i use maintence spray it works makes everythng shiney !

Autoglym Engine and machine cleaner is the stuff.
Spray it on and use a paint brush to get in the dirty bits. Rinse of with a hose pipe nozzle on a VERY fine spray. Keep brushing as you rinse to remove excess oil dirt etc. Just minimises water ingress into areas you dont want it.

I wouldn't bother with GUNK as it stinks for weeks in the engine bay and if you have a tarmac drive it will eat it away if you leave it without rinsing. Trust me ......

All the black plastics can be dressed with your prefered plastic/rubber care product. AG stuff is good as is Poorboys. I use Armorall in the engine bay as it costs nowt compared to the others.
Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom