Safety at work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5 RWD / 2016 Suzuki Vitara AWD
:doh: :dk:

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 213
I wonder if they connect crocodile clips to your gonads for the free battery test :dk:

Is the near-most jack lifting up at the rear and the handle bar touching the door!?

Is the near-most jack lifting up at the rear and the handle bar touching the door!?

Yes to all of the above... and the work is done while the tyre fitter is crouching beside the car on a narrow and busy road immediately after a blind corner... (an issue which I already raised in another thread).

But this time their use of jacks really tops it all...

Wow! Thats taking things to the wire. So dangerous. One topple out of 3 and its an expensive shortcut for the guy doing the job.:doh:

This outfit are really what the sign says about them top right -
'UNUSUAL TYRE STOCKISTS'

BTW... the road surface is uneven and you can see that the O/S jack has one of the small wheels up in the air....

I'm slightly confused by some of the replies (well actually the whole post). Are you saying that there's something wrong with this method?

..eh yes...that wheel could roll in front of a car if someone isn't careful!!

I'm slightly confused by some of the replies (well actually the whole post). Are you saying that there's something wrong with this method?

Using one jack on the RHS to raise the whole body - the jack is unbalanced - in a public place - yes this is dangerous.

Using one jack on the RHS to raise the whole body - the jack is unbalanced - in a public place - yes this is dangerous.

We really should have a tongue in cheek emoticon...he was 'avin' a laff.

We really should have a tongue in cheek emoticon...he was 'avin' a laff.

Apparently this is one (thank Google for this...):

nicubunu_Emoticons_Tongue_in_cheek.png

Looks strange!

So whatexactly is holding up the offside rear quarter of the car?

Or is it one of those strange balancing tricks?

If a big waggon wafted past it would have been curtains!

Health & Safety

"Protecting the stupid from themselves"

If a big waggon wafted past it would have been curtains!

The next picture I took showed just that - a big van going very fast and very close... but I did not keep the picture after posting.

It was probably OK since it was a Volvo : they are meant to be quite safe cars .

Although really Mercedes-Benz pioneered automotive safety in the 1930's .

the work is done while the tyre fitter is crouching beside the car on a narrow and busy road immediately after a blind corner... (an issue which I already raised in another thread).

But this time their use of jacks really tops it all...

Surely they cannot be licensed to operate in this manner. Does the local authority not require them to have suitable premises in order to work on customers' cars? Sounds like they need to be shut down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom