Safety Recall - Airbag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JimGreen

Car
2012 Audi R8 V10 + 2017 Mini Cooper (John Cooper Works) + 2015 Honda Fireblade
Just received a Mercedes Benz Safety Recall letter for the airbag on my 2013 C63 AMG.

Not sure what's involved, but got the car booked in for next week, apparently it takes under an hour to sort whatever the problem might be.

Anyone already had theirs done ??

Probably a dumb question I haven't thought through, but how do owners get informed of a recall if they have purchased and have servicing done outside of the dealership?

Got the letter through the post last week, got it booked in for the end of july as i already had the car booked in to look at the A/C not working, they can do them both at the same time, sounds like a simple fix

Probably a dumb question I haven't thought through, but how do owners get informed of a recall if they have purchased and have servicing done outside of the dealership?

The manufacturer "Mercedes Benz" use keeper data from the DVLA. So even if you purchased the car privately and the car is not serviced or registered with a Dealership, you would still receive a notification.

Google "The UK Safety Recalls Scheme" its all explained in "VOSA/SUP/2581A/APRIL 14"

Cheers Jim.

I knew something would be in place. Too early for me to think what though:rolleyes::D

Got mine through the post this morning too.
Seems that it applies to a whole range of MB vehicles, not just AMG and other C class.

Got the letter through the post last week, got it booked in for the end of july as i already had the car booked in to look at the A/C not working, they can do them both at the same time, sounds like a simple fix

What is the problem that you have with the A/C?

Just had mine fixed and I know of another 2 owners that had the same issue as myself.

What is the problem that you have with the A/C?

Just had mine fixed and I know of another 2 owners that had the same issue as myself.
was on a long drive and it just stopped working, and now i have a high pitched whine alongside the engine whenever the car is on. Car is covered under a Tier 1 warranty so just booked it in. haveing searched the forums, it seems it could be the A/C compressor valve or something. What was the problem with yours?

Our taxis are too old Roger...

2011-2017 are the years affected...

Correction:

‘Our taxis are too good Roger.

2011-2017 are the years affected...’

My taxi is in the right age bracket but no recall and no DVLA website recall listed either....

The '13 C63 being a W204;

I had my safety recall done last year. The car was returned exactly as I gave it. Actually they gave it a mini-valet too.

was on a long drive and it just stopped working, and now i have a high pitched whine alongside the engine whenever the car is on. Car is covered under a Tier 1 warranty so just booked it in. haveing searched the forums, it seems it could be the A/C compressor valve or something. What was the problem with yours?

Had a problem with mine a year or two ago.
Apparently the condenser had become "porous" and leaked all of the gases out.
Was replaced under warranty and has been fine since. Mine wasn't the first time my dealer had seen this issue!

The only time they got in touch with me was after I bought 2 batteries from a MB dealer, then they kept offering to erase my bank balance while servicing my car...haha

Oh I knew there is no recall for our W211's Lee. I just wasn't sure how you were contacted out of dealership purchase and servicing.

Mine was the condenser and a couple of other parts in the A/C system.
Had a long chat with MB head office before a solution was agreed.
My issue was/is all these cars with faulty A/C is not acceptable for this brand.
Got mine sorted and MB looked after me with the costs.

Mine was the condenser and a couple of other parts in the A/C system.
Had a long chat with MB head office before a solution was agreed.
My issue was/is all these cars with faulty A/C is not acceptable for this brand.
Got mine sorted and MB looked after me with the costs.
Sounds like you and RickMM had a similar problem, most likely that's what mine will also turn out to be. Was the chat you had with MB head office because they would not cover it under warranty? or just more of this is unacceptable when you obviously know there is a fault?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom