Safety Recall - Bonding of Sliding Sunroof

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edgersoldchap

Car
S213 E220d 4Matic SE, Jaguar XKR 5.0 Speed Pack
I have a 2004 S211 E320 CDI estate and this morning received a letter from MB UK advising 'that on some cars, the bonding between the glass panel and the sliding roof frame may not meet the required specifications. As a result, the adhesion of the bonding material may deteriorate gradually over time. Therefore, the durability requirements of the bonding cannot be ensured and possible separation of the glass panel from the car cannot be ruled out. This may increase the risk of accident and/or injury for other road users.' MB are asking me to contact a dealer to have it checked and possibly replaced. I am a surprised that, in my case, MB should be notifying me now of a potential problem - my car is 16 years old!

MB have not said that this is specific to any particular model or series - just sunroofs in general. I have not heard of any problems before - anybody else aware of it?

I guess that was about the time they started fitting glass as sunrooves were always metal before that .

Hi

Yes this is a new recall just published and is valid for several models 203,211 etc . I have not long received the recall instructions.
Just book into your local dealer and they will check

Several calls to Marshalls Southampton MB dealer to try and book in,promised a call back from service manager.
Still waiting two weeks later.

Several calls to Marshalls Southampton MB dealer to try and book in,promised a call back from service manager.
Still waiting two weeks later.
I believe the delay is down to the special tool.not arriving at dealers. This is leading to a lead time but you should still get a call to explain this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom