Safety Recall R/2015/210 nov 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gary350

Car
slk 230 & slk 350 (sold) Jag XF 2.7 Premium Luxury
Daughter got a letter stating that there was a problem on cars made in the last 3/4 months naming various models (hers is an A class), and others seems to be exhaust camshaft problem she called her local MB dealer in Bridgend (south wales) they were in the dark asked her to call the bigger MB dealer in Cardiff they talked about 5/6 weeks to get the car in but this morning its jumped to going in on the 8 dec its a 2 day fix, they were not happy with the Bridgend dealer which they own, saying that they should have followed this up not my daughter.

According to the dvs there have been no incidents the fault was picked up on a quality check

Last edited:
Daughter took her car in on monday they gave her a smart car said it would be 2 days, got a call yesterday the car would not start they would have to do it all again they mentioned it was the first one they had in on this recall could be another couple of days the smart car is awful by the way might complain.

Latest info is that the dealer has been using a clone engine to see if they can find the fault the car seems to run alright but they can not remove an engine management light something to do with a sensor. The first week is almost over on what was a 9 hour recall.They have offered to upgrade the loan car but my daughter wants to reject the car this could go on for ages. The car was running perfect before we took it in.

After calling the dealer this morning my daughter was told the car is being washed ready for pick up the problem was the camshaft they fitted was also duff so they fitted another now its seems to be OK (dealer words). Looking back the dealer never called my daughter once she had to do all the chasing even this morning she was the one to call. Does not give me confidence in either the car or dealers

This is not on Gary, you would expect more from MB, a letter to head office would be good

This is not on Gary, you would expect more from MB, a letter to head office would be good

The bit that I can not get is one of the dealers knows that I will be in the market for a new car in around 4 months and having bought 2 mercs from them in the past (we are on first names) I could or was thinking on a merc, not now Im not.

Awful service and customer care. Mercedes are far behind the peers and things do not appear to be improving at all.

Last comment, when picking her car up yesterday there was nobody there to meet her to explain reasons for delay etc just some poor sod who said he was just there to hand her keys over. Sinclairs the dealer owner also owns all the MB garages all over south wales plus other cars so you have to go a long way to find another MB dealer if that is the car for you, nearest is in England Bristol.

In my experience the sales and servicing departments are on different frequencies with regards recognising customer loyalty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom