Safety recall SRPC2044

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Connoisseur

SUPPORTER
Car
A205 C200 Cab; Porsche Macan; BMW i3s
This just dropped through the door. End of para 4 caught my eye talking of completing other technical DB663E0B-DCC3-44C3-A745-D7F802256B16.jpeg upgrades’-will MB use this as an opportunity to disable Parktronic Active Parking Assist as they have been doing sneakily for some time now?
Have written to MB telling them they mustn’t use a safety recall as a back door way of messing my parktronic up, and to confirm back they won’t before I book the car in for the recall.
Let’s see what they say…..

What car is it for and what year ? keep us informed as to what they say and do. :eek:

I got a letter few days ago for SRPC1932 air bags, I noticed the same clause in my letter, hopefully as my cars old they wont update anything as right now cars running great, i will pop into Mb today and check that they only do air bags

I got a letter few days ago for SRPC1932 air bags, I noticed the same clause in my letter, hopefully as my cars old they wont update anything as right now cars running great, i will pop into Mb today and check that they only do air bags
Let us all know how you get on, see what else they want to delete.

Had a rapid and reassuring reply from MB Customer Services as follows:

“Thank you for contacting Mercedes-Benz Customer Service. I am writing in response to your enquiry regarding an outstanding recall on your car and whether it relates to Active Parking Assist Parktronic.

In an effort to provide an appropriate response for you I have consulted with our Technical Team and they have advised the Active Parking Assist is not related nor impacted by the recall.

With regards to the information you state in which the functionality of the Active Parking Assist is disabled at Mercedes-Benz Retailers. Active Parking Assist, the assisted manoeuvring into and out of parking spaces, is being discontinued as part of PARKTRONIC, and as the Active Lane Change Assist part of the Driving Assistance Package. The reason for this is due to a 2021 revision in EU Regulation UN R79, relating to automotive standards and safety. Your vehicle does not relate to this process. In addition, the feature is not removed from vehicles that have this existing system but rather removed while still under assembly.

If you wish to discuss this and have further assurance, I would refer you to the Mercedes-Benz Retailer who you have contacted to arrange the recall to be completed.

Should you have any further requirements please do not hesitate to contact me or any of my colleagues.”

So am reassured….I think. Will still check with the Dealer, just in case😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom