Safety Recall SRPC2157 Coolant Pump Control Software

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XFJagman

Car
E Class
I am a new member of this forum, so forgive me if I have not followed the right protocols.
As a recent convert to the Mercedes brand, I was disappointed to receive a recall notice about a month after buying a used E Class, and even more when I read that this recall (affecting many different models) was on the internet on 4 Jan, so the dealer should have been aware of it when they sold me the car. Daimler warns car owners of fire risk it lacks parts to fix

The report said that Mercedes were holding off issuing a recall because the parts were not available, although it could cause a fire. Two hours into my "while you wait one hour job" I was told that they had performed the initial test and found that fluid had leaked into the vacuum pipe - the worst outcome - meaning it needed a new oil pump, coolant pump, brake booster and vacuum line - and even worse, the parts were on back order. Since it could also cause the brakes to fail. I was not allowed to drive the car home and bring it back when the parts arrived. I'm glad that I pushed for a courtesy car, as the fix took two weeks.

If anyone else drives one of the affected models:
certain GLE/GLS (167 platform), C-Class (205 platform), E-Class (213 platform), S-Class (222 platform), S-Class (223 platform), E-Class Coupe/Convertible (238 platform), GLC (253 platform), CLS (257 platform) and G-Class (463 platform),
then you can check the DVSA website for outstanding recalls using your VIN no or Reg no., although it is incomplete, as mine does not appear. Check if a vehicle, part or accessory has been recalled
Also check whether your dealer has the parts before driving your car in - slowly.

I would like to hear when the first recall notice was received by a UK owner.

I have just taken my V class in for this recall. Had the car for a day to do it.
Mercedes do have a lot of recalls and I don’t think too much to worry about if you receive one. Shows some concern or fright of being sued. I had one regarding a possible sunroof problem on my, at the time, 15year old E class.
I would be more worried if they kept quiet about the problems..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom