Safety Recall...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ironsheik

Car
W204 C200CDI SPORT.
I received a letter from MB this morning telling me to book my car into the workshop asap because there is an urgent safety recall on certain diesel models..

"Diesel fuel leak may develop at the fuel filter assembly.. Inspect and replace if necessary."

Anyone else?

Could it be THIS recall?

[Double post due to internet wobblies]

Last edited:
[Triple post due to internet wobblies]

Last edited:
Yes, I received the same letter last week. Interestingly, I had more or less the same notice in February last year. So not sure whether there is another problem or they forgot that mine has already been done.
As mentioned in another thread, I'm trading my C350 in on Wednesday - so the letter will go in with all the other documents...

Looks like I have a letter in the post coming my way as well. Mine's in the first group on that list.

If I have this done, it'll be interesting to see if my tank to tank MPG is affected.

Mine too.

Must be a problem with the fuel filters themselves, as it across the full range of diesel-engined RWD cars.

how do you read the "between" figures for a character and number format such as this?

WDD2073022F076765 to WDD2074232F130985

mine starts with the first 7 characters so i am presuming its me too but surely this could mean hundreds of thousands of cars just in this vin difference alone?

^ yep I agree with that, have emailed my service manager to see what he says, car is due to go in on Thursday anyway so asked if they can look at it for me then if I need to have it done it will be sorted, can't say I've noticed anything/smelled diesel fuel other than when I'm filling it up.

how do you read the "between" figures for a character and number format such as this?

WDD2073022F076765 to WDD2074232F130985

mine starts with the first 7 characters so i am presuming its me too but surely this could mean hundreds of thousands of cars just in this vin difference alone?

If the VIN still uses the old convention the first letters and numbers refer to the manufacturer [ MB] country of origin [germany]followed by vehicle type [207]and derivative[3022]The letter is often the manufacturing plant [11th number/symbol] and AFAIK all the numbers after the letter are effectively the serial number of the specific vehicle
so individual vehicles made from serial number 76,765 to 130,985 are effected

well that's roughly it-- I believe- but they keep on altering the system .:dk: http://www.autohausaz.com/mercedes-auto-parts/mercedes-vehicle-identification-numbers.html

Last edited:
If that was how it is read which seems entirely logical then I'd have thought my car would be included but just had an email back saying that my car doesn't need to have any recall work done :dk:

Several friends have got letters also in Ireland

Will mb give courtesy cars why work is being done

That's the main question my friends have as in Ireland most dealers won't

Mine too.

Must be a problem with the fuel filters themselves, as it across the full range of diesel-engined RWD cars.

Update: doesn't apply to mine.

So what spec variant does it apply to?

Mine is on the List. I'll get it booked today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom