Saga Motor Insurance Price Guarantee Works - Again!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chrishazle

MB Enthusiast
Car
2008 S204 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 facelift SLK280 Auto.
Had the MB insured with Saga for quite a while now, each year I get the renewal notice and a Price Match Guarantee - get a "like for like" quote better than theirs and they'll beat it by at least £1.

So, each year I try the 3 main comparison sites then phone Saga. In past years the best quote has been only maybe £30 less, but they've beaten it. This year Saga wanted £352, Axa's quote was £269 - so Saga have renewed for £268!:bannana::bannana:

So - shop around when insurance renewal time comes!

We swapped to Saga this year for the SLK. They wanted £224 which was at least £100 less than anyone else. They have also quoted £126 for the 124. Both fully comp, proected no claims and unlimited EU use. Be interesting to see what they want come renewal time

Just swaped to Saga too for my 124 300 24V Diesel Saloon. £205 squid, protected and so forth.

The only bit I didn't like during the whole transaction - internet - then phone. Was where they guy said (right at the end of the conversation) your premium will come out automatically from your credit car next year. Oh yeah - we will see about that buster.

Edit. Other well know firms had been coming up with 400 squid. Yeah right.

Cheers guys, makes me feel young again! :)

Aviva has been spot on for me, £200 cheaper than the comparison sites

I've been with Saga for the last 3 years but never thought they did price matching, thanks for the heads up

I am an advanced motorist and they do a better than price match too and always beat the lowest quote using Adelaide brokers in Belfast. Worth doing the test for this and has saved me loads over the years.
Don

I can't wait to become an old fart ...

SAGA insurance, Michael Parkinson wanting to send you a Parker Pen, the right to fart in public, one of those nice caravan houses in a park to free up your trapped equity so that you can go on loads of holidays and start swinging with that woman from the OXO adverts ...

I can't wait to become an old fart ...

My wife would certainly agree with one part of your comment - and not that I'm old! I blame London Pride!

Saga Insurance Company Limited, which is a company
registered with its head office in Gibraltar No. 88716. Address:
57/63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom