Sage Line50 V7

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

plgibson

Car
S350L W222 + C 220 W204
Can any body please advise why i am getting error message
"Unable to connect to data source. Check configuration" when i try to open or edit reports
Have just installed on winxp machine
Thanks

I think sage uses some kind of ODBC driver - check the settings :)

One of my customers uses Sage Line50 and I have had to check problems in the past, the only issues they had were printing (ended up being drivers of course) and database faults due to more than one machine accessing the source file through the OS (file locks and stuff).

Shude said:
I think sage uses some kind of ODBC driver - check the settings :)

One of my customers uses Sage Line50 and I have had to check problems in the past, the only issues they had were printing (ended up being drivers of course) and database faults due to more than one machine accessing the source file through the OS (file locks and stuff).
Which settings and where?

plgibson said:
Which settings and where?
Any references to "data source" are to do with the database that sage uses. I'm afraid that my sage experience is pretty limited so I'm not sure which options to check.

You certainly have a ODBC problem. What version of Windows do you have?? You should be able to go into the Control Panel and change the settings for the ODBC driver. Let me know what version of Windoes you have, what it says in the ODBC driver for Sage and the file loaction of Sage it self, and I'll be able to find out what you need to do.

Thanks for all your help.
It was the odbc, i had to manually install from within sage.
Strange really as i installed on two other machines with same operating system (winxp Pro SP2) and it worked ok from auto install. Computors !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom