Sainsbury powers store from biowaste.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Druk

Gone but not forgotten - RIP
Car
2011 S212 E350CDi. 1981 R107 300TurboDiesel.
BBC News - Sainsbury's store powered by food waste

Two questions.

How can there possibly be so much wasted food as to allow a store to power itself?

Does an OM648 have sufficient compression to ignite a Walls Cumberland sausage or will it need a Yadgar Lamb Balti?

I'm not surprised as a lot of the stuff classed as food by the supermarkets is indeed $h1te in the first place

Just shows how innaccuracies can possibly creep in. Read the Guardian article and you will find that its the waste food from ALL Sainsburies stores that goes to the bio- reclamation plant to power ONE store. :dk:Sainsbury?s store to be powered solely by food waste | Environment | theguardian.com

Are many inaccuracies possibly in the eyes/ears of the reader/listener? I saw the report on TV this morning and didn't get any impression that the bio energy for that store came solely from its own food waste. Did anyone actually report that?

I may have missed it because I was being so distracted by the BBC's need to show lots of shots of lighting units (both off and on) for those viewers who didn't know what power was, and then a few shots of waste food being put in the bin for those struggling with the concept!

The thing that annoys me is the BOGOF, why not just sell the item at half the price, then as sometimes happens the second item wouldn't go to waste as it hasn't been used before it goes off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom