Sale of Goods

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 w212 and Ford Ranger
Hi

I bought a cheap LCD tv in January for my Stepson's PS3. I've now found out that the speakers have blown so they rattle with base etc. for PS3 it's bad, for TV terrible.

The supplier is telling me that I have to claim on the warrenty, which I don't have too much trouble with apart from the fact that the manufacturer (Teko) never answer their phone.

I've had an inital chat with the company who have said that they would send it away, but that it would take longer than if I claimed on the warrenty. I've broached that it can't be of satisfactory quality if it's faulty after only 3 months, so I would like my money back. Outright no to that - their approach is you could have damaged it! Ok I have a bit of sympathy to that approach, but it still leaves me with a faulty TV and loads of hassle.

I'd love any suggestions - am I being reasonable or expecting too much? - Should I speak to Visa (used a VISA debit card) about charge back. At the moment I feel that I am in the weak spot as I have a faulty TV and they have my money.:mad:

Regards

David

Retailer is responsible for first 12 months, they cant fob you off to the manufacturer.. its the law.... I worked at currys for 4 years as a spotty teenager and as much as we sometimes wanted customers to go away, the buck stops at the retailer.

Jay is correct,you contract is with the firm that sold it to you and nothing else

The firm that sold it has a contract to their supplier, but that is nothing to do with you

Small claims court if no response

Out of curiosity how does the law apply when the goods are bought on line form a company with no physical premises?

Thanks for that. I have just sent the following

Hello

I bought a LCD TV from your company on the 19th January. I am somewhat disappointed that the speakers now seem to be blown, and rattle when watching TV. I would expect a TV to last longer than 3 months before going faulty.

I have tried contacting Teko, but cannot get through to speak to anyone.

Clearly for the TV to fail so soon it is not of satisfactory quality, nor fit for use and I would like to use my rights under the Sales of Goods Act 1974 to return the TV for exchange or refund.

I am quite happy to demonstrate the problem to you and will return the TV to your premises, but given that the fault must be internal I would then expect the item to be exchanged or refunded immediately.

I have spoken to someone in your customer services department, who gave no service. I am aware of clause 16.4 of your terms and conditions, however this does not bypass your obligations under the Sales of Goods Act 1974.

I will take legal action if I have not heard from you within 7 days.

I shall see if that gets any response from them

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom