Sales Attitude

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But I do have relationships with Service Managers/Advisors and Parts Managers/Advisors and I go back to them personally time anytime again.
The parts department of my local dealer are excellent, nothing is ever too much for them and they give advice quite freely. The same cannot be said for the service/sales.

I wonder whether the sales roles attract a different kind of person to the service roles? Or might it be the way they're incentivised?

A salesmen's first priority is to sell and make money; if the incentives and commission are relatively low then they are less inclined to be too attentive; they literally haven't got the time to waste. I know of one salesman at a Korean dealership and his margins are so low I don't know how he makes a decent living for all the hours he puts in.

Commodity items, like most of the childrens clothes, we tend to sacrifice service for lower cost. Ralph Luaren Polos for Baby D are less than half-price in T K Maxx than Selfridges, and buying half a dozen makes that worthwhile. We know what we're looking for and if they have it then we take it, if they don't then we go elsewhere.

Does your baby insist on only wearing Ralph Lauren clothing ?

Does your baby insist on only wearing Ralph Lauren clothing ?

No.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom