SAM Module?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nuffer

Car
Mercedes E220 coupe WDD207
Some weeks ago the horn stopped working. I have checked and double checked fuses relays and cables. So took it in the my local garage. They did some investigation works and think it might be the SAM module. The car is a WDD204.
Has anyone had a replacement fitted and not had to have it coded as I seen stuff on the WWW and it looks confusing. Also is the SAM located under or next to the fuse/relay housing? Thanks

Yup all tested and working

Yes it lives behind the steering wheel and connects all the switchgear on the steering wheel to the cab bus Etc.

aka Steering Wheel Angle Sensor.

Is there 12V on the relay base?

Yes all checks out.
If you have 12V on the relay base then I would as far as my understanding of the circuit goes I would say youre SAM is ok, and youre fault lies somewhere else.
Removing the relay and shorting the correct pins should sound the horn.

Just an update. It appears that the SAM is at fault. Had so,e prices and opted to go the 2nd hand route. £100 approx and possibly £70 coding. Went to MB Ulverston and costed a refurbished unit fitted and coded £517. 😳😳😳😳. Apparently it’s a plug and play so doing myself. Finger crossed I won’t need to get it coded.

No. We sold it, wasn prepared to pay £350 to get a horn working. So sold it now the proud owner of a Ford Fiesta, the wife that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom