Same AMG wheels made in two seperate places?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercboiuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
1995 E320 Coupe
Today, while I was washing and waxing my wheels off the car, I noticed that my AMG wheels are made in different places.

They are all genuine AMG Aero II's - :confused:(Same design as the W210 E55).
Anyway, they all have the same part number, but one of the four is made in Belgium, and the other three in Austria.

Just out of curiosity, could someone shed some light on why there were two locations for the same wheel to be made?

Darren

Whats even stranger is that the same wheel can have 2 part numbers. The mercedes order number that begins with "B" is the same but the wheels can be a129 or a210 for the front 8" x 18" which again is odd.

Oh and your bits and on route to you Darren, sorry its a "little" late.

That's deliberate. It helps to set the car up for different territories. If you put two Austrian wheels on the driver's side the car will tend to veer to the right

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

ive seen this as well, some made in germany and some in austria. the wheels are identical tho!

That's deliberate. It helps to set the car up for different territories. If you put two Austrian wheels on the driver's side the car will tend to veer to the right

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Lucky they weren't made in Italy or you would have been all over the road ...

IIRC the Ceginus (Evo II) wheels my SL had were stamped "made in Italy" ...

Today, while I was washing and waxing my wheels off the car, I noticed that my AMG wheels are made in different places.

They are all genuine AMG Aero II's - :confused:(Same design as the W210 E55).
Anyway, they all have the same part number, but one of the four is made in Belgium, and the other three in Austria.

Just out of curiosity, could someone shed some light on why there were two locations for the same wheel to be made?

Darren

Whats even stranger is that the same wheel can have 2 part numbers. The mercedes order number that begins with "B" is the same but the wheels can be a129 or a210 for the front 8" x 18" which again is odd.

at a guess I assume there is some difference that is not noticeable to our eyes, some manufactures have supplier specific part numbers (which would explain the different countries they were manufactured in) but they normally end up in a whole world of grief keeping track of everything, I assume Merc isnt that stupid,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom