Same bat time, same bat place

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Smart ForFour AMG Black Series Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Powered by Brabus
Has it ever occurred to anybody else that you can often see the same people in the same places on the way to work?

I don't leave home in the morning - or work in the evening - at a particular time, but I still seem to see the same people most journeys.

The chances of actually seeing them at the same place is remarkable when you consider the number of variables that influence timing, but that's the way it seems to be. :confused:

I saw a particularly attractive lady at the front of a long queue waiting to pull out of the same busy junction on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week - but not yesterday or today!!

...she must think I'm stalking her and changed her route accordingly!! :D

Has it ever occurred to anybody else that you can often see the same people in the same places on the way to work?

I don't leave home in the morning - or work in the evening - at a particular time, but I still seem to see the same people most journeys.

The chances of actually seeing them at the same place is remarkable when you consider the number of variables that influence timing, but that's the way it seems to be. :confused:

I saw a particularly attractive lady at the front of a long queue waiting to pull out of the same busy junction on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week - but not yesterday or today!!

...she must think I'm stalking her and changed her route accordingly!! :D

:D :D

Every time I log onto this forum, there seems to be the same people here as well!!

Every time I log onto this forum, there seems to be the same people here as well!!
It's a good job we don't all work for the same organisation - it wouldn't last long!! :D

Yeah, I always pass this knackered SAAB courtesy car and a mazda xedos every morning at a certain point in the mornings, yet there is a 20min window that i usually leave in.

So why is it some of the bigger companies, with lots of departments never see each other until the Christmas party.

Or is it groundhog day

She probably does...and can you blame her...

A couple of months ago I was parking in a multi-storey and there was a noticeable young lady and partner walking down the stairs in front of me (I always take the stairs, quicker and good exercise).
When we left the carpark they went left and I went right. I was gone for about two hours and returned to pay at the pay station, turned the corner and who should be standing right in front of me.....
She'd probably been waiting for me...;) :rolleyes:

She probably does...and can you blame her...

A couple of months ago I was parking in a multi-storey and there was a noticeable young lady and partner walking down the stairs in front of me (I always take the stairs, quicker and good exercise).
When we left the carpark they went left and I went right. I was gone for about two hours and returned to pay at the pay station, turned the corner and who should be standing right in front of me.....
Our very own robert.saunders with a parking ticket?

:D

I see the same E55 AMG pass me on the A444 everytime i go to auction... i have now figured out that he lives somewhere near twycross and goes to the bank in Nuneaton... but like youo, i get freaked out that i almost always see him... i even partially remember his plate which is S***AOK

what's the bat bit in the title I don't get it?

What??? You never watched the Batman TV series in the sixties????????

Holy misspent youth Batman!!

Sorry should have added, they always finished each episide with something like

"See you next week. Same bat time, same bat channel"

:) You must be to young if you dont know. :)

Batman..!

Was always said at the end of the programme...Until the next time..Same Bat time..Same Bat place.

It's referring to seeing everyone at the same place every day..;)

I was wondering about the title as well. Yes I see a few cars the same on the way too and from work but not really that many. I do generally leave the house at the same time so would think I would perhaps recognise a few more.

The ones I do recognise though seem to be something a bit special either classics performance or chaved up. Though since being on the bike I do notice a lot more bikes at the same times now.

Ditto - I see a metallic red SLK most mornings and some evenings too, if I'm running late:D But whereas my roof is off given any opportunity, the red one's must be broken :rolleyes:

The ones that really bug me though are the bus taking the long route back into town - not in service - and the flaming cranes. If I'm late, they're late, If I'm early, they're early - how does that happen :confused: :confused: It's a conspiracy i tell you! Oh and of late a dirty great Morrisons wagon :mad: :mad: too:mad:

I know exactly what you mean. I drive to work each day and have spotted a couple of loons on several occassions driving my way, which I try and steer away from, the seem to be on a death wish.

I saw a particularly attractive lady...
Could it be that you only remember particularly attractive ladies?
Next time you see her look beside her for a second or two - you may find her husband stood there as usual. You just never noticed him before :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom