same $hite, different day ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
Did a 3 mile round trip this morning, 2 minor mishaps on the way out usual something and nothings but on the way back was in a bit of traffic but moving. An ambulance comes up behind me with its blues on so me and the 4ish cars in front pull over, ambulance goes past, then a "Orange" drain van (you know the ones!) Shoots up the outside and tries to overtake the 4 of us. We have moved of in unison. The van is going too fast and can't cut in front of the leading car due to an island, goes the wrong side of the island forcing an approaching car to swerve and bounce up the kerb. Then the van buggered off to the left waving his fist out the window shouting "gareth hunts" at us. Never a cop about when you need one :(

Brett

Two corroborating complaints from separate witnesses would secure a conviction .

A phone call to his fleet manager would also cause him some grief - even better a written complaint to head office detailing time and location ( many of these vehicles have trackers , so easy to identify the culprit ) , and asking for written response would be another idea . A dressing down from his manager might change his attitude ?

Id be calling and writing everyday on one thing or the other, I know I should in this case but as it won't make a jot of difference overall I just cannot be bothered, hence posting here !

I am a WVM myself but I just don't get it why other WVM's insist on driving like tossers even if under pressure time wise

A phone call to his fleet manager would also cause him some grief - even better a written complaint to head office detailing time and location ( many of these vehicles have trackers , so easy to identify the culprit ) , and asking for written response would be another idea . A dressing down from his manager might change his attitude ?

Sounds good in theory but from my own experience it seems that many managers would rather maintain a cosy working relationship with their staff (especially those given to belligerent behaviour) than deal with complaints from random members of the public.

Better to phone the local branch , ask the manager if one of their vans has been stolen , as you saw it being driven in a dangerous and erratic manner . Dont forget the pedestrians that had to scatter when the oncoming driver was forced onto the pavement ;)

I have only once done it .

I was dining out in the sumptuous luxury of take away catering from a certain restaurant symbolised by a big 'M' . Across the car park a gent in a white van had just finished his lunch and , evidently , the ten feet or so to the wastebasket was just too far to walk after his repast , so the van door was thrown open and all his rubbish tossed underneath his vehicle . As he did this , a family with two young children were walking by and the youngsters pointed and made comment , with the parents shaking heads and looking disapproving in response .

Unfortunately for WVM , his vehicle was signwritten and had the telephone number on the side - so I rang up and asked to speak to the boss . He sounded both embarrassed and annoyed , apologising on behalf of the company . Best bit was , five minutes later , WVM returned and lifted his rubbish , glaring at everyone in the car park while I tried to sip my beverage in as nonchalant a manner as possible :)

So many idiots on the road-definitely complain to the police with reg details ,phone company headquarters etc-minor satisfaction for major stress caused

I have only once done it .

I was dining out in the sumptuous luxury of take away catering from a certain restaurant symbolised by a big 'M' . Across the car park a gent in a white van had just finished his lunch and , evidently , the ten feet or so to the wastebasket was just too far to walk after his repast , so the van door was thrown open and all his rubbish tossed underneath his vehicle . As he did this , a family with two young children were walking by and the youngsters pointed and made comment , with the parents shaking heads and looking disapproving in response .

Unfortunately for WVM , his vehicle was signwritten and had the telephone number on the side - so I rang up and asked to speak to the boss . He sounded both embarrassed and annoyed , apologising on behalf of the company . Best bit was , five minutes later , WVM returned and lifted his rubbish , glaring at everyone in the car park while I tried to sip my beverage in as nonchalant a manner as possible :)

As a worker of the suggested restaurant... in fact a manager :cool: .... these kinds of customers are the most annoying of all. We obviously have no power to enforce customers to place rubbish in the more than adequately positioned bins around and in our restaurant. We need more people like yourself.

.... these kinds of customers are the most annoying of all. We obviously have no power to enforce customers to place rubbish in the more than adequately positioned bins around and in our restaurant.

I suppose one way would be if CCTV footage of the car park could be passed to council litter wardens , who could in turn send out fines to 'litterbugs' on the basis of clear video evidence .

Failing that , McD's could possibly set up a partnership with a private enforcement company who would be licensed to 'police' this aspect of usage of the car park - the arrangement could simply be that they get to pay themselves by keeping any revenue collected from transgressors - the restaurant would not need to pay them anything , so no costs to be passed onto responsible bona fide customers . If no CCTV already exists in the car park , the private enforcement company could be permitted to put in their own cameras for this purpose .

The forthcoming change in the law which allows registered keepers to be held responsible for parking contraventions could possibly be applied to this offence as well : in as much as not dropping litter could be made part of the terms and conditions of using the car park along with things like parking only within marked bays and the car park only being for patrons of the restaurant .

The idea might be worth putting forward to your head office :thumb:

Deano - Must be fun working in McD's in "Proper" Essex !

Glad to see you have bucked the Essex teenager trend and followed the path of enlightenment though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom