Same old question - Mobile Phone Cradles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scruff's Mate

Car
CLK 320 Avant Garde Cabriolet
This must be the bain of the spares desk at Hughes Mercedes in Beaconsfield, but it’s about the mobile phone cradles for a pre-wired CLK or any other Mercedes for that matter.

I’m onto my fourth new Mercedes – a CLK 320 convertible – and I always get the pre-wiring option for mobile phones. I’ve just ordered a new ML350 with the pre-wired option again. Lo and behold; the mobile phone cradle list is woefully inadequate and, in some cases, even out of date.

I have Nokia 3210i (not available any more) and my company has just given me a Sony K750i. My wife has a 750i too. It would make sense to have a phone cradle that both our phones can fit.

Has anyone any idea where I can get a cradle that will hold this phone – either from Mercedes or specially made? Or, do you have any contacts or phone numbers for people in German HQ I should call?

Ta,

Scruff’s Mate

Mercedes has the phone cradle for the K750 as well. Not sure if it is already out but I will dig out the part number for you.

And while on the subject of mobile phone holders there is even one (available now) for the Nokia 9300 (Part number: B6 787 5848)

VBD said:
And while on the subject of mobile phone holders there is even one (available now) for the Nokia 9300 (Part number: B6 787 5848)

are you sure , ive been wanting that one for a while and always get no mate , its not on yet when i call up the parts counter.

They should know about this as it was on the I-News Monthly bulletin in December with availability stated as, "available now". And the last time I checked for this part no. there were a few (5-6)

VBD said:
They should know about this as it was on the I-News Monthly bulletin in December with availability stated as, "available now". And the last time I checked for this part no. there were a few (5-6)

ta :)

Ta - and fingers crossed...

VBD

Thanks for the part number. I have emailed my dealer and await with baited breath. I'll let you know (out of interest) what they say.

Best regards,

Scruff's Mate

VBD - Any chance you can post the full list of cradles avail now for us ? Part No's too ?

Very much appreciated if its poss ....

Yup, will do but it will have to be this evening once I am back from my wee trip.

I have a Nokia 6310i and associated cradle, we are all now getting nokia 6021 phones, (MB Cradle is B67875842) is it s simple swap of cradle or does anything need reprogramming - is it a dealer job or can I do it myself?
Thanks

Rory said:

Not quite, that is octobers list, the additional ones to that list are:

B6 787 5853 for the Siemens M75
B6 787 5854 for the Siemens CX75
B6 787 5860 for the Ericsson K750i
B6 787 5848 for the Nokia 9300

And the following is for the USA only

the Long awaited bluetooth setup makes its debut (patience is advised) part number B67875839 (comprising: SIM card reader, GSM module, BT module, Hands-Free Profile)

C320Girl it depends if your car has a UHI kit or not. Basically if the cradle has the coiled cable on it the it is non UHI. In which case no it is not a simple job to do and you would be advised to speak to Steve or Wanda (MBENZNL and/or Bigsis) as they sell an upgrade kit.

If your car has no colied cable and just a plug into which the cradle sits then yes just get the cradle and away you go.

Last edited:
hmmm K750i and nokia 9300 have the same partnumber?? usa only bit does that mean the bt bit is for usa only?

thanks

kenny

Ops my bad mistyped on my part been corrected now. Yes for now the BT is only for the USA but the European version is coming soon as well.

VBD said:
And the following is for the USA only

the Long awaited bluetooth setup makes its debut (patience is advised) part number B67875839 (comprising: SIM card reader, GSM module, BT module, Hands-Free Profile)

Ta, I've been told the EMEA version is Part No. B6 787 58 38 ? Due March 1st ?

I'm in the USA and have a 2006 CLK and I installed the UHI interface. Is this part now available in the US? Do you have any idea the cost or installation procedure? Thanks

SaorBust, part number has not been assigned as yet but initially that was the one branded about so could be. As for March 1st have heard it could be earlier but as with all things I think I will wait and see when they have stock.

wsscott, yes from what I have seen they are available but the question should be more, will there be lots of stock available. And to that, no from what I have seen. As for installation procedure I have been told that it should be in the next release of WIS/ASRA (But no guarentee)

Well I checked with my dealer today in Charlottesville, VA and the US has the part, and the number is what is shown in this thread, it appears under the Telematics section for the 2007 models. I've ordered it for my 2006 CLK that has the UHI cradle for the SE 630. It's cost is $474.00 US and I should have it on Tuesday. Now I'd like to find some instructions on pairing etc, I'm assuming it will have that information with it but in case not, any help would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom