Samsung. Customer Service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WOODYTHEWISE

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E 500 Coupe.
My Samsung S6 refused to charge via the charger or USB. After trying several hints...hard reboot and a plethora of other things my daughter got in touch with Samsung.
She related the above.
This was on Monday 1 Aug.
Samsung arranged to have the phone picked up via courier on Tue 2 August.
Today we received an email stating the phone will be returned on Tue 8 Aug.
All this at no cost to me.

No hassle about when and where purchased and did we have a receipt.
In this day and age its nice to know good customer service still exists. I only wish it was more widely spread.:thumb:

I've had a similar experience with phones, I'm assuming that the profit is large enough for the manufacturers to be generous.

I bought a phone and found it faulty so returned within a month and received a new one. Three months later the replacement wasn't up to scratch so I returned it and they refunded the full purchase price.

The one month I refer to is relevant because this was an Amazon purchase, there was nothing forcing them to refund after three months though.

moonloops said:
us $49 build cost - £450 to £550 retail pricing - bunce-tastick

Think that's bad, try £14 to produce a £160 washing machine from a well known manufacturer :eek:

The mark up on the £800 American style fridges is even more ridiculous

How goes into R&D?

I wonder, though I suppose that they sell so many of the product that there will be plenty left over for some research and refunding me when their useless phones fail.

In short, massive volume times massive profit = loadsa money!

Not sure that the 'production cost' is relevant.... the price you pay for a product is made up of various elements and actual production cost is almost always the least significant.

How much does bottled water cost to produce? Pennies. How much do most medicine cost to make? Same. What is the cost of the ingredients of a bag of popcorn that you buy in the cinema? Or that of a cup of tea? Or coffee? Etc....

Taking the build cost onto account us fine, but try buying a flat in Mayfair based on 'build cost'... retail prices in general are rarely dictated by direct manufacturing costs.

Last edited:
Not sure that the 'production cost' is relevant.... the price you pay for a product is made up of various elements and actual production cost is almost always the least significant.

It is relevant on a replacement 'phone - they're just making an extra 'phone.

It is relevant on a replacement 'phone - they're just making an extra 'phone.

There's is still a transport, storage, and distribution infrastructure behind the replacement phone, plus the cost of running the Customer Services department......

There's is still a transport, storage, and distribution infrastructure behind the replacement phone, plus the cost of running the Customer Services department......

It's a cost for sure but outsourced to the cheapest tender.

My HTC M8 got dust in the camera lens, contacted them on live chat and they set up a warranty claim (phone was 1 year 10 months old!) and 1 week later I had a new phone in my hand. All FOC. :)

Update...

Phone returned today. Like new. looks like a new case and screen. Well pleased, and well done Samsung.

Update...

Phone returned today. Like new. looks like a new case and screen. Well pleased, and well done Samsung.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was a new phone.

Unless, the replacement has all your contacts etc stored in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom