Samsung Galaxy Ace with MB B Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AmacLeod

Car
B180 Sport CDI Auto
I have a 2010 B Class and I have recently chnaged my phone to a Samsung Galaxy Ace. I have paired the phone with the car and downloaded the contact list. I can select a number from the contact and dial it, or manually dial. Either way, the phone rings out but does not connect. Apparently this is a known problem with the Galaxy/B Class combination. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks

I've managed to get mine up and running ok in my c class 62 reg sport plus, not sure how buts its paired, the phone book is up and running and it works, still not sure how to end a call properly though. Keep trying Eddie

I had a HTC desire which worked fine in my B-class.
I have changed to a Google Nexus 4, which pairs OK, downloaded phone book OK. I can make a call, and receive a call through the system, but cannot hear or be heard by the other end.
It seems from searching other forums to be a problem with Android Jelly Bean 4.2, I am waiting for a firmware update.

Terry

I gave back my Nexus 4 due to the issues I had with call quality in general but it was a lot worse in the car ..folks just thought it was very low volume or as if I was talking through a scarf...plugged my old HTC Desire S back n and all was fine... Amazes me phone manufacturers don't actually spend time properly testing their products main purpose , ie phone calls ... Even Apple suffered from that with their notorious antenna grip of death...

I presume yours is W245 in which case Samsung Galaxy should be fine though depends on the OS most likely. Couple of things to do is firstly ensure you are on latest Android Build update on the phone and check your settings. IF you are below ICS build of Android that could be also the issue might be worth visiting xdadevelopers forum and pulling down a upgraded rom for the phone.

Are you using the Bluetooth module within the radio unit or the Bluetooth mobule that plugs into handset prewiring. Reason I ask is I have read few places one works better than the other. I know few people that had to buy the blueooth module that goes into the prewiring plug in armrest to get their phones to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom