Samsung Galaxy pairing to CLK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

747skipper

First post so hope I get this right.
In short, my phone appears to pair but the Merc reverts to please activate.

Detail:
I have a 2008 CLK280 W209, with the SAP module (A2048200535) fitted in the armrest.
This used to pair happily (after some trial and error) to my Galaxy S4.
I now have an S7 which supports SAP and which my Command system says has paired. (enter the 16 digits and all looks good) but then loops like this.
I power on; "Please switchon phone" on cluster, "Please activate phone" on Command.

I press TEL button, "Telephone being activated"
"Please wait"
Phone reports;
sim access turned on.
Connected to MB Telephone.
Sim access turned off
Command reverts to Please activate phone.
My old S4 (now my wife's) does exactly the same.
Both phones pair instantly with a VW Golf.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Try removing the MB unit from your 'phones Bluetooth menu and start afresh.

Any chance it's a power saving thing? - The phone goes in to a low power mode and turns off bluetooth to add battery life, and as a result it disconnects from COMAND?

I gave up on SAP and installed an MB-2 instead, so can't really offer any more.

First thanks for lightning fast replies.

DSM 10000:
I have tried your suggestion, even clearing the cache, but it still follows the same loop.
Passcode is fine, comes up with phone book/calls/ sees the phone and the phone reports SAP activated but 20 seconds later it reports SDAP deactivated then Command goes back to wait, activate phone.

Popbody:
I don't think it's power, it all happens in less than a minute and the phone doesn't even turn off it's display in that time.
Does your MB-2 work with modern Samsungs? I'd happily get a second hand MB2 if it will work, I just want hands free using the built in equipment.

I have never got the S7 to work in this setup but the S4 used to. The only change is that Samsung have issued updates, do you know if the SAP V2 puck will work with the later versions of Bluetooth?

Any other thoughts?

I've never tried the MB-2 with a Samsung, but it works with a One+

Don't know if these points will address your current problem, but thought I would mention them as I have a SAP v4 in my 2006 W209.

I had some issues on first installing the SAP v4, which I bought from German Ebay at less than a quarter of the COMANDONLINE price, see this thread:Installing SAP v4 in W209

I ended up successfully using the SAP v4 with its own sim card as I then had a Windows phone which did not support remote sim access profile (RSAP). Anyway, last year I changed to a Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 and in May this year removed the dedicated sim card from the SAP v4 and successfully paired the A5 to the COMAND through the SAP v4.

Just been out to the garage and checked that the A5 is connecting OK and made a couple of test calls successfully. My A5 is running Android 8.0.0 and has kernel and security updates dated Mon Jun 4.

I think the mobile amplifier in mine is dead; when I tried inserting a SIM it just kept saying "Providersearch", that's one of the reasons I switched to the MB-2.

Mine phone is running OxygenOS 5.0.4 over Oreo.

Hi,
Whether this is relevant to your problem, I do not know.
I have Comand NTG1 with the Nokia cradle and use a MBU3000 to pair with my Samsung. Some time ago it all stopped working and Comand reported "no phone detected ". My cure was to remove the wires from the Nokia unit in the back under the floor for a few seconds and then everything was working again. Cheap fix.

Steve

......I have a 2008 CLK280 W209, with the SAP module (A2048200535) fitted in the armrest.
This used to pair happily (after some trial and error) to my Galaxy S4.
I now have an S7 which supports SAP and which my Command system says has paired. (enter the 16 digits and all looks good) but then loops like this.
I power on; "Please switchon phone" on cluster, "Please activate phone" on Command.
Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

I use the Viseeo MB4 which connects very happily to the Samsung Galaxy S5 & A3 (2017). Presumably equally happy with the S7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom