Samsung Galaxy S4 Screen Replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave Richardson

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W176 A class 180 cdi
A question to other members.

I've cracked the screen on my Galaxy S4 mobile, looking on you tube it seems that it's possible to replace just the broken glass & these are available for under a tenner on e bay.

Question 1 Has anyone ever tried to replace just the glass ?

Question2 If no to the above. has anyone ever replaced the whole touchscreen on the S4 by using the £55 replacement kit ?

Ta guys Dave

I broke mine 2 years ago, I think there are 2 options, just the glass or the digitizer, I went for the digitizer, I got the a genuine Samsung digitiser for about €150, it should be a lot cheaper now.

Have you got a link to the £55 replacement kit?

Dec

Last edited:
I've tried to do both.
I smashed the LCD on my s3 trying to get a cracked digitiser off.
The full lcd is okay to do - just need to take your time and be very logical and clean, if I was you I'd replace the charging port while you are in there as they tend to wear, that way you also get a new microphone if I recall correctly.

Not a Samsung, but I've just had my Nokia apart using these instructions. I see under the touch screens tab they do Samsung screens so I would be surprised if you can't get similar instructions for yours. The instructions were not perfect, but may be Nokia had slightly changed the internal construction of the phone since the instructions were written. They were good enough though.
I replaced charging socket, headphone jack & microphone. The guy on this site couldn't supply the part I needed but pointed me to e-bay where I got the part (supposedly genuine Nokia) for £1.95.

I broke mine 2 years ago, I think there are 2 options, just the glass or the digitizer, I went for the digitizer, I got the a genuine Samsung digitiser for about €150, it should be a lot cheaper now.

Have you got a link to the £55 replacement kit?

Dec

Hi Dec, Thank you for your help, here's the link for the Samsung digitizer

Replacement For Black LCD Digitizer Touch Screen Display Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 | eBay

Cheers Jonnyboy Ill replace the parts suggested.

Piff It's a good looking site you've directed me to thank you

I would just buy a used S5 as the S4 was the worst phone I ever owned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom