Samsung overtakes Apple?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The _Don

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mb
Of particular interest, a report from Strategy Analytics shows how Samsung overtook Apple in smart-phone shipments in Q3, Marketwatch.com says, citing a Bloomberg report.

Myself and Mrs JB were looking at phones at the end of last month as her 0 key on her LG is fooked already (4 years old) and texting is tricky as a result.

I've never really looked at them (bus man's holiday) but we both preferred the Samsung Galaxy Ace, which we preferred a lot more to the Apple, HTC and BlackBerry etc.

My (8 years) old Samsung V200 will testify reliability of the brand further as will a couple of the Mrs's work colleagues who have this particular Ace phone.

Be interesting to see the results after the iPhone4S comes out, unless it is already out? :dk:

Google /Samsung nexus galaxy is out soon running Android 4, ice cream sandwich

Google /Samsung nexus galaxy is out soon running Android 4, ice cream sandwich

I have been waiting for that phone for so long as my HTC Desire has had a hard life.

So I was all set to pre order one last week when it was launched.

Then I saw it. Saw how big it was. Saw that it didn't have gorilla glass and saw that it had less horsepower than the Galaxy S II.

So as the SII will be getting Android 4 very soon, I ordered one of those instead and am massively impressed in the few days I have had it.

As for Samsung outselling Apple.

It's easy to see why Apple have resorted to needing to sue everybody. They simply can't compete on innovation and features so are having to use their huge cash stockpile to sue the competition out of the market instead.

I fear Apples very long honeymoon period is about to come to an end. Without Jobs I think it's going to be a very different company within 12 months now that it is going to be run for profit first.

You would recommend it then? I'm due an upgrade and fancy a Galaxy S2

Yes. It's a fantastic bit of kit.

There's lots of reviews to be found online about the phone. Some call it the iphone killer, but I can't comment on that because (although I've used one) I've never owned an iphone. I'm sure the iphone4S will have a few tricks up its sleeve though.

I think the Galaxy SII runs on a 1.2 processor, but there are phones on the market with faster processors. I wouldn't swap mine for anything, though.

My nexus s will be getting Android 4.0 in a matter of weeks as an official upgrade before the nexus galaxy is out.

I love HTC phones having had the Magic, Desire, Desire S and yesterday I got the Sensation. I absolutely love it. I tried the iPhone 4s and hated it and also looked at the Galaxy S2 but found it a bit too plastic. The Sensation is a lovely bit of kit and very well made. I'm replacing my work Blackberry with it and keeping the Desire S for personal use although I'm due another upgrade so will hold off for the next range to come out. I dont fancy the Nexus Prime as it looks too big.

Galaxy S2 is indeed a very powerful phone and i do hear it will get the new software upgrade.
Im looking to buy one my self

I'v had the galaxy S and now got the S4 and love them.

Much prefer them over the apple, blackberry etc

I know each have their fans but I still cannot see the appeal of the Apple 'phone or tablet range.

The icons, to my eyes, are like those on a childs device, the single button that you have to use when interacting seems clumsy compared to the Android back button, home button or the contextual menu button that, for me makes moving around my S4 and Nexus 7 much more intuitive.

I also cannot understand why Apple (unless I am doing something wrong?) seem to limit Bluetooth transfer to thier own devices? In additon a number of friends have tried to connect Apple 'phones and tablets to my home wifi wihout success when every Microsoft or Android device has connected without problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom