Samsung S7 Edge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have had my s7 edge for a few months now, and out of the blue it has decided to stop connecting to the merc for call audio while using bluetooth , media works a treat just no call audio its rather annoying to be fair anyone else had any issues? I am working through some fixes if I solve i will post on here :)

I gave my iPhone 6 Plus to my daughter as I was annoyed about the lack of battery life on her Wileyfox as it wouldn't last half a day. Got myself a S7 Edge after I got annoyed by the Wileyfox as well.

Anyway, that was early August. I've ordered myself an iPhone 7 Plus now.

What I liked about the S7 Edge;
- Looks: it looks great, feels great
- Camera: the camera truly is very good

What I didn't like;
- Design: the edge looks nice but my hands keep pressing stuff when I'm holiding it. It is just plain annoying.
- Keyboard: the predictive keyboard just isn't that great. Doesn't do half the stuff and following two months of ownership it still makes lots of mistakes
- Battery life: this is strictly a one day use phone for me, the old iPhone 6 Plus would easily last two days without worry.
- Crashes: I've not found it that stable, undoubtedly something to do with Samsungs skin but still. I've had it too often that it can't make any calls or calendaring and I have to restart it. I've been late at several conference calls thanks to that.

So yes I'm not a tinkerer, I keep on trying others including windows phone, but keep coming back to the iPhone. It just works and it is a work tool first.

I really like the S7 Edge, it doesn't feel that much bigger than the iPhone 6 but has much more screen real estate which makes it far more usable, plus the screen is amazing compared with the iPhone.
Being able to customise it far better than an iPhone is also great.

However, I have a Mac at work, Macbook Pro at home, iPads, my car works properly with an iPhone and the iPhone syncs with all my other kit. I went over to Android briefly last year and found out that is the things that the iPhone does that you don't notice are the things it does best.
I was back with an iPhone within 8 weeks. It is a shame, I just wish someone would write and app to make Android work completely seamlessly with apple gear, as I think the everyday use of the phone the Android ones are better.

Check out the smoothsync app on Google play. I use it to sync my cal & contracts on my Nexus 7 with my iPhone and iMac.

Yeah that does look good for calendar and contacts.

It was more the fact that every is none without me knowing on the apple gear, add new album to my itunes and it is there on my phone etc. etc.

I did find an app to wireless sync my music, and then realised that if I use Chrome that will sync contacts and keep my mail in one place, however, Chrome on my Macbook pro gobbles the battery, I get around 5-6 hours using Chrome, and around 7-8 hours using Safari.
Plus, I use imessage on my computer all day, every day, losing that was something I had not considered.

So for now I think I am going to stick my my iPhone 6. Hopefully the new iPhone next year will be a genuine reason to upgrade. I would have loved to have had a go with the S7 Edge, think it is a cracking device, but I am not the sort of person who can be bothered to load loads of apps and start using different browers that I don't really like as a compromise.
If I use my phone every day like some people do, I might have made the jump, well I do use it every day, but use it more through my macs etc.

Afternoon, I have found a fix simple but something I did not do before . De authorised all devices on the car then re paired the phone and i still had media and no call audio.

Went into telephone on the screen and clicked in bluetooth telephones and authorised my s7 edge and had to click two seperate messages on my phone. I defo did not have to auth the call audio when I got the car I simply added media and it all worked so yeah a result :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom