Samsung S7 edge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zipdip

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
s320
Hi all now I usually fight a draw with my smart phone,but this time it has beat me,I am heading next week for a small family get together in a Wetherspoons and I will be paying,so I downloaded the app,the problem is my phone will not connect to things outside my home,I have the Lidl app and that is the same ,how do you get your phone to do this,now I am well aware of just how many IT guys we have on here,so please be gentle.

mobile data is switched on,I suspect I am not smart enough for this phone.:rolleyes:

Have you used the phone to access the mobiles Internet previously?

What is your home page set to?

If it is set to your home broadband that may explain it?

No I have not accessed the internet on my phone,and yes my home page is set to my broadband.

Try setting your home page to Google. co. uk

Go to settings and check that in "Connections"
"Mobile Networks"
"Network mode"
You have something like this :

LTE/3G/2G Autoconnect turned on (usually blue when on)

Also, check that "Network Operators" is turned to Automatic selection.

The other thing to check is "Mobile Data" is actually turned on.

On my Samsung this is found under "Data Usage "

Last edited:
Are you sure you have a data plan with your phone?

Do you have it connected to Wi-Fi when at home?

Get a personal WiFi box , I have had a 3G one for ages , cost about £10/£20 a month. I have used it all over the place - obviously it uses a SIM card just like a mobile phone - but in a crowded pub/bar etc or out and about you have your own little personal internet that you can add your mates to if you wish.

Possibly a bit low tech for some but it has never let me down.

Get a personal WiFi box , I have had a 3G one for ages , cost about £10/£20 a month. I have used it all over the place - obviously it uses a SIM card just like a mobile phone - but in a crowded pub/bar etc or out and about you have your own little personal internet that you can add your mates to if you wish.

But if there is a signal for that to work then your mobile phone will also work and will almost certainly be cheaper for data use?

Depends on your phone contract and how many people you want to 'join' to your phone. Also works if your phone dies/get's wet/buried under tarmac and one of your mates still has a working smartphone . Link it up to (anyone's) tablet or laptop etc.

Diving along the M4 in an old vehicle using the WiFi box to listen to digital radio over someone else's phone etc. It's old hat but works very well for pennies. Your on (for example O2) get a WiFi box on EE or 3G , then if one goes down or is weak (it does happen...not everyone lives in a big city) you still can get connected.

Too many people rely on just one piece of tech to stay connected. They are usually the ones who complain the loudest when it goes wrong.

Why not just pay £10/£20 more on your phone contract for the data? Save carrying the extra item around?

I’ve got a SIM only contract for £20 a month. Nice and simple with 120gb.

Well guys I ventured into Wetherspoons this morning and hooked up to their Cloud and so I will be able to pay the bill next week with their app,thanks for all your suggestions,it looks like I am being pulled into the 21st cent like it or not,I use my phone for messages ,I have whatsapp and Telegram which I use,at the moment,will give it over to the younger generation during the week and get it sorted hopefully:rolleyes:

Best excuse I've heard lately for having to go to the pub!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom