Samsung S7 edge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why not just pay £10/£20 more on your phone contract for the data? Save carrying the extra item around?
As explained , it can be used by anyone anywhere who I choose to give the password to. I have loaned it out to a mate of mine , youngsters sometimes have smartphones with data that just burn through and sometimes need a bit extra . Few years ago we were on holiday in Spain with family and kid's were running around looking for those Pokémon things. Kid's with no Overseas contracts did not loose out because I let them use my personal WiFi 'unit' as they ran riot. If they lost it or broke it ...no big deal.

I admit it's a piece of kit that could easily gather dust in many households but works well in mine .

As explained , it can be used by anyone anywhere who I choose to give the password to.
I do the same using the Hotspot function on my phone.

It means my daughter can use her SIM free iPad on the beach.

As I said earlier, my SIM only contract is a score a month for more gb than I’ll ever use.

I do the same using the Hotspot function on my phone.

It means my daughter can use her SIM free iPad on the beach.

As I said earlier, my SIM only contract is a score a month for more gb than I’ll ever use.
How close does she have to be to you or your device for it to work ? I am talking about handing kid's a WiFi unit and just letting them go off with or loaning it to my mate for day's on end while my smartphone stays with me.

Like I said it works for some while others have no use for it. I find it far better that adding £10/20 to my phone because of its flexibility. It obviously works if were ever to run out of data on my phone.

I often visit customer sites where they will not release wifi codes to contractors so the wifi box can be used for my laptops to connect if required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom