Sanef toll tag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carnut

Car
SL400 & audi A1
Does anyone have experience of a sanef toll tag position on the windscreen of a SL 400 or any other Mercedes-Benz with the rear view mirror area completely covered by a plastic cover for rain sensor etc?

No but I've had one for years and never had any problems with it working wherever it was on the windscreen, despite the dire warnings in their literature. The battery final went in mine last year after years of service.

The replacement had just arrived and says that it should be attached to anything that occupies the mottled area if there's no more room for it there.

Yep, got one in the CLS , no issues what so ever. Sits next to the rear view mirror - great when your travelling alone.

Does anyone have experience of a sanef toll tag position on the windscreen of a SL 400 or any other Mercedes-Benz with the rear view mirror area completely covered by a plastic cover for rain sensor etc?
Not yet, but I will have in another month or so ;)

After a bit of research I've mounted it on the sensor cover which seems to be OK on Volvo's and other cars with sensors twixt the mirror and screen. I settled on this after advice from French friends who advised to avoid mounting it on the screen where it's visible from outside the car due to the propensity for Les Scrotes Francais busting a window so they can nick the tag :rolleyes: It'll either work or it won't, and if it doesn't I'll find somewhere else to mount it.

If you're worried about where to mount it, just have it to hand and hold it up to the screen as you approach the scanner.

Has anyone approached the one of the 'fast' tag lanes at speed? I always bottle it! :eek:

Pete

As said, never had problems wherever it was mounted. I took it off earler this year and used it on a Vw crafter van. Again no problem.

Have one fitted to the CL, next the mirror. Just come back from France no problem and I use the 30 fast lane, always works,

I would not approach the "fast lane" at speed. The barrier does not trigger until pretty late Even when only doing 30kmh its a bit scary until you get used to it. The Italian ones trigger much earlier in the approach so you dont need to slow down to a crawl for them.

Have one fitted to the CL, next the mirror. Just come back from France no problem and I use the 30 fast lane, always works,

It won't work on my CL unless the missus waves it out of the window. it's got one of those athermic windscreens - has yours? Perhaps I just need to find the right spot?

We use it all the time over here ....... money is debited the following month and a detailed invoice received. Still far, far cheaper than paying road tax.

Stuart

I put it on the spotted piece of windscreen next to the mirror :thumb:

I had the 'reverse of shame' last month as the credit card linked to the tag had expired. Chose the 30mph lane all smug and thought 'the barrier will lift, the barrier will lift, the barrier will lift - nope!'

I have to say the French motorists and Dutch people carrier were very understanding...

S

Our tag is retiring so it's replacement has arrived. In our W166 ML the mottled area is completely occupied by the rear view mirror housing so I have stuck it to the mirror housing, not the screen. Anyone else done this and experienced success or epic failure?

Our tag is retiring so it's replacement has arrived. In our W166 ML the mottled area is completely occupied by the rear view mirror housing so I have stuck it to the mirror housing, not the screen. Anyone else done this and experienced success or epic failure?
I mounted our tag on the mirror housing on Angie's SLK (I think there's a photo in the French Odyssey thread) and it seemed to work fine. A couple of times it seemed a bit slow to be recognised, but on each occasion that happened I started to reach up to the tag with the intention of removing it from its mount and waving it about and the thing beeped before I touched it. Probably just coincidence, or maybe because the SLK is quite low down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the mirror housing on our W166, and no issues.

Racked up 176 quid in a week, so it clearly works brilliantly:crazy:

On the mirror housing on our W166, and no issues.

Racked up 176 quid in a week, so it clearly works brilliantly:crazy:

Just what I needed, thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom