Santa Pod 26th Jan03 Pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
The weather although cold and damp held out for us today at Santa pod.

This the first run what you brung of the year, seemed popular, and left us queueing down the road as early as 10am to enter the site.

Jap cars seemed the order of the day, with Nissan Sunny GTI-Rs, RX-7's and Skylines dominating. Oh and of course, Rovers galore much to Mark300's delight.

I carefully cleaned and pampered my car specially for the day.

mycar.jpg

Having had a look about, a quick call located Mark who had arrived moments before with his m8 and parked straight up in the queue for a 1/4 mile run.

I believe this is the CRX that Mark arrived in (I am sure he will confirm).

crx.jpg

The track was wet when we arrived and racing was delayed until about 11:45 whilst the track dried. Inital runs were only measured to the 1/8th mile to try and stop people taking risks on the wetter half of the strip. It seemed to have little affect as people where flying down regardless, with or without traction.

The Jet Engine assisted in track drying:

jetdry.jpg

Whilst waiting in my car for the track to be dried, I saw this:

190spy.jpg

Following it until parked, it turned out to be a pimped up 190, with AMG replica Wheels. The owner dissapeared.

merc190.jpg

merc1902.jpg

That was the only other Mercedes I saw all day.

But what's this?

santapodsmart.jpg

As the Smart car shot past, I knew something was not quite the norm. The rear wheels also were just too bl00dy wide to believe.

Brabus Smart Car - lovely!

BrabusSmartCar_rear.jpg

BrabusSmartCar_side.jpg

Thats all folks.

Last edited:
Graham.

Lovely set of pictures, looks like you had a good day regardless of the weather, but i would suggets using clean water to clean the car with in future........lol:bannana: :bannana:

Originally posted by Dave Elcome
Graham.

Lovely set of pictures, looks like you had a good day regardless of the weather, but i would suggets using clean water to clean the car with in future........lol:bannana: :bannana:

Thank you.

Touche on the sarcasm!

How about these for double trouble. Me thinks speed humps must be a problem.

doubletrouble.jpg

Originally posted by GrahamC230K

How about these for double trouble. Me thinks speed humps must be a problem.

doubletrouble.jpg
But why, it’s just a couple of wheelie bins;)

Would make your piles hurt a bit:rock: :rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom