Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACID

MB Enthusiast
Car
C63 Supercharged Stage 3 and E63s Estate
hey

Anyone intrested doing the 1/4 mile run on the above date???

Let me know what you think

Acid

Perfect we can do a mb club meet there so everyone is welcome.

I just hope the weather is good !

Acid

How much is it to do the 1/4?

Hey

Normally £10 admission and £25 for unlimited runs all day :)

Acid

Pm

BRABUSK8 i sent you a PM a few days ago! did you get it?

Evdok

I will try my best to be there,a good few years since I have been. Are there plans to meet up anywhere?

Will try and get there. will let u know asap.

I hear a W210 E55 whould do it in about 13 flat, it would be interesting to see what mine does on 97ron before I break it,

unless im not rallying that weekend...

Wrong, I know a member on here did it around that time in his apparently modded w210 e55 lol either his car was Fu**** or he is a bad driver.!

My friends did it in 13.2 in his 2001 E55, all his car had was a remap and that was it!

0-62 in 5.4secs and 1/4 mile in 13.6 for a standard W210 E55 saloon according to mercedes and some mags..

http://www.fantasycars.com/sedans/HTML/mercedes_e55_amg_w210.html

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60_Quarter_Mile_Times/M_0-60times.html

http://www.angelfire.com/thebenzbar/MB/e55amg.html

Last edited:
Wrong, I know a member on here did it around that time in his apparently modded w210 e55 lol either his car was Fu**** or he is a bad driver.!

My friends did it in 13.2 in his 2001 E55, all his car had was a remap and that was it!

How can it be wrong if it was fact? :dk:

from your links

2001 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG 5.0 13.6. That's still somewhere short of 13.2s.

Dragging 1/4 miles in road cars is pointless, it doesn't even feel quick as the track is so wide and long.
The only time it's worth doing is when performance testing before and after modifications.

Once you get below 10s things start to be fun...then 9s then 8s...:thumb:

How can it be wrong if it was fact? :dk:

from your links

2001 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG 5.0 13.6. That's still somewhere short of 13.2s.

Dragging 1/4 miles in road cars is pointless, it doesn't even feel quick as the track is so wide and long.
The only time it's worth doing is when performance testing before and after modifications.

Once you get below 10s things start to be fun...then 9s then 8s...:thumb:

It's wrong as each car & driver performs differently, you are comparing 1 example with everyone.

Apologies it was actually 13.4secs and Olly has driven his E55 and straight away said how quick & responsive it was…

Officially the W210 E55 will do the 1/4mile in 13.6 and not 14.3, that’s way too slow for a car that has 354bhp and 391ibft of torque, unless there was something wrong!

Also My friend’s E55 is Remapped so I’m sure if it was stock then it probably won’t be as quick but others have managed 13.3 out of their stock W210 E55's.

and by the way he has timed the car so many times from 0-60 and we use to get all sorts of times from 4.8 to 5.3secs.

I'm just saying 14.3 is wrong as your following one example and ignoring the others!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom