Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm just saying 14.3 is wrong as your following one example and ignoring the others!:)

I know 14.3 isn't quick, but suspect that most drivers of n/a E55 would achieve only about 14s, not the much vaunted magazine tests of in the 13's.

It would be interesting to see how many goes it took before the times started to come down.

It would be interesting to see how many goes it took before the times started to come down.

He did 3 runs, his first ever run was 13.7secs and that was with traction issues, his best was 13.4secs & still he had traction issues.

Doesn't help when you have 407Ibft at the rear with no LSD:wallbash:

Any point of me popping down with my c320 cdi lol

Why not, give it a decent re-map and take it for a run, i'd say mid to late 14's is possible in a re-maped C320 CDi.

Dragging 1/4 miles in road cars is pointless, it doesn't even feel quick as the track is so wide and long.
The only time it's worth doing is when performance testing before and after modifications.

Once you get below 10s things start to be fun...then 9s then 8s...:thumb:

What is the fastest road car you dragged over a 1/4 mile?

Hello

Whats the best way to launch your car off the line?

I know on a traffic light grand prix.. I let the SBC hold the car and then rest my foot lightly on the go pedal, Have to say this method in my bus seems to let it go pretty quick.

Do you left foot brake and give it some revs?

Traction on or off?

I guess with these runs a lot is down to reaction / start at much as power.

I guess you would have to give it the beans until the brakes cannot hold it and let go just before you reach that point...

I tried a couple of runs in the dry on tarmac the other day - filmed it and timed it (so not scientific) but the 0-60 was not 4.5s!!!

More like 5s...

This was with no beans prior to hitting the loud pedal.

Time would have been lost through the stability I guess because of my shyte rear tyres.

as lopes will tell you, its not easy getting that perfect launch.

^ Maybe less is more with my Bus...

easier to get off the line with less power

:)

Yeah didn't think so.

What kind of figures do you think even a '63 will give? 13s dead?

Without a doubt there is a thrill and skill of the best launch but other than that a regular road car isn't going to feel quick at S-P due to the space.
A member on here had a CRX that was heading into 11's. That's quick.

Just checked a C63 and see it's 11.2 for a 1/4, so not too shabby at all.

Just checked a C63 and see it's 11.2 for a 1/4, so not too shabby at all.

Looks like you are wrong again, no C63 will do 11.2 unless is heavily modified. 63's should do High 12's depending on traction..

Looks like you are wrong again, no C63 will do 11.2 unless is heavily modified. 63's should do High 12's depending on traction..

Not your lucky day...

[YOUTUBE]UMcMQz2Q8-E[/YOUTUBE]

So a C63 is only high 12's but an old N/a E55 is 13's...

Not worth the money, better off with a cheap CRX... or an old Golf diesel...

[YOUTUBE]QjQCL9oAZ90[/YOUTUBE]

I'm sure I said it wasn't worth running standard production cars...

Last edited:
Acid, povisionally put me down, (promised the wife no more car things this year), as way way over spent on the car this year, so will see where I am in early October, be good to see my buddy Marty and all the guys again, but also would be good to get a feel for were I am at, against the likes of yours , DVBs and lopes and the other strong E55s, and be good experience for me, not done this type of event before, but long long day for me travel wise, so will see how work is and if I am allowed out to play.

Not your lucky day...

[YOUTUBE]UMcMQz2Q8-E[/YOUTUBE]

So a C63 is only high 12's but an old N/a E55 is 13's...

Not worth the money, better off with a cheap CRX... or an old Golf diesel...

[YOUTUBE]QjQCL9oAZ90[/YOUTUBE]

I'm sure I said it wasn't worth running standard production cars...

SEEMS TO ME THAT ITS STILL A FUN DAY OUT, or am I missing a point somewhere here

SEEMS TO ME THAT ITS STILL A FUN DAY OUT, or am I missing a point somewhere here

Not at all, but road cars aren't going to give a big thrill or be very quick.
As long as you treat is as just a bit of fun then OK but some people seem to take it very seriously.
I wouldn't bother it's not quick enough.

DM- there is no way a C63 will do the 1/4 in 11.2 unless it's seriously modified.

A standard C63 should do the 1/4 mile in mid to high 12's also it's not just about straight line speed, you can make any car go fast in a straight line.

C63 1/4 Mile times - MBWorld.org Forums

Ok here is a video of a C55 doing the 1/4 mile in [email protected]

Dyno-Comp Mercedes C55 AMG runs 11.55 @120mph. New World Record - YouTube

Does that mean the C55 does the 1/4mile in 11.5? I wish but no that one is Supercharged.

Last edited:
For what you lot spend on your '63s, which perform only averagely, you could have a nice (**any sports road car**) and a really quick track car that could knock out some proper performance.

I just don't get drivers of road cars thinking they are "Track Kings" thing.
Anyone who doesn't bow down to the '63 frenzy on here gets told it's because they can't afford one, etc...

Not everyone needs bragging rights...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom