Santa Pod Raceway - Drag Strip - 11 March 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CT55

Car
CLS 55 AMG (stock)
Hi all,

I am considering a Drag Race day at Santa Pod March 11 (admission and unlimited runs = around GBP 37).
They call "Run What Ya Brung" (RWYB), and I would Brung and Run a CLS 55 AMG stock.
Never attended such events and not sure what to expect, but quite looking forward to it at the same time ;-)
Would be fun to gather a few AMGs...

Any comments, or interest in joining in, bring it on!

Cheerios!

CT

Hey

If my car is ready i will come

Acid

Cool, keep me posted!
I wonder how a 55 AMG stock looks vs a K8, should be fun!

There is a limited number of slots on the day.
You may want to call and ask what your options are.

CT

Just got to read your last post...

No worries, next time around!

I will be up for this in a month or so, it's exactly what I've been looking for..Can't make this one though, also on RWYB - Dates & Prices it tells about pre -booking which I would want to do.
Don't want to drive there and not get in.

I will be up for this in a month or so, it's exactly what I've been looking for..Can't make this one though, also on it tells about pre -booking which I would want to do.
Don't want to drive there and not get in.
There are always loads of spare slots on RWYB days.

Its a great event:thumb:, I did 3 runs last year with a couple of guys from this forum, it was my 1st time, 3rd ever attempt I managed a 12.3 quarter mile:bannana:, the only piece go advise i can give is left foot brake and slight revs to engage gear in manual mode, when the 1st red light shows hit the throttle, reason being the lights drop down red, red, red, amber, green in approx 1 second, which is the time it takes to let yr left foot off the brake and yr right foot to hit the throttle, my 1st run I was soooo unprepared, I literally watched Paul's e55 take off, talk about a caption slow moment:eek:

Its a great event:thumb:, I did 3 runs last year with a couple of guys from this forum, it was my 1st time, 3rd ever attempt I managed a 12.3 quarter mile:bannana:, the only piece go advise i can give is left foot brake and slight revs to engage gear in manual mode, when the 1st red light shows hit the throttle, reason being the lights drop down red, red, red, amber, green in approx 1 second, which is the time it takes to let yr left foot off the brake and yr right foot to hit the throttle, my 1st run I was soooo unprepared, I literally watched Paul's e55 take off, talk about a caption slow moment:eek:

I watched a video of that on YT or one of the links from this forum. Looked like a great time, I might be up for it if my car is back in time.

Last edited:
Great stuff, thanks, I can't wait!
I was planning to attend in the PM.
Is that a smart move? How busy does it get and how much time does it take to register and get started?
Also I read helmets are mandatory for cars running +110mph at finish line.
Were you wearing one??? AMG 55s are bordeline I guess ;-)
Cheerios,
CT

Sorry Guys but you need to count me out for this weekend my car just wont be ready to run. Would love to go on another date so will keep checking on here.

Keep me posted, I may want to hit Santa Pod again.
Would be fun to run my CLS 55 against your E 55 ;-)

Hey

Sorry me too can't come engine not ready

I might try to do 25th march..... But don't want to blow anything as vmax is on the 31st...

Acid

Did anyone go and any plans for another one?

Hi all, here's a quick update! It's been an amazing day, nice weather, not many cars / quick runs, ideal for a first time. I will send a detailed feedback (totally agree with dvb247 re launch mode) as soon as I have more time. It was real fun and then became addictive, my gf loved it too (see the vid)! We must gather some of us, as well as some others from the Porsche, Audi and BMW forums!!! In the meantime I posted a video here: !!! MY CAR IS A ROCKET AND I AM A F***ING ASTRONAUT !!! - YouTube Enjoy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom