Santa Pod Raceway - Drag Strip - 11 March 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good vid

What tImes did u get ?

Youtube bugged, had to repost the vid, here's the new link (enjoy!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX1SmQID3cs

I did 12.84 sec. (best run) and 112.80 mph (best run).
But I should be able to land a 12.5, even may be a 12.3.
I'll develop further in an other post when I have more time...
Cheerios!

I'd be up for the next one... Will be a chuckle in my diesel! lol

Thanks SavMan ;-)

It really was great fun!

Helmets are mandatory for cars hitting the 110mph mark on the 1/4 mile.
I did 112.80mph on the first run, without any helmet on, and immediately got instructed by the marshals to wear one. I eventually had to buy one at the local Santa Pod shop (GBP 39.00 a piece).

My girlfriend was only watching at first, too scared to drive or even sit on the passenger seat.
Then I convinced her to jump in and give it one and only one try (you know how ladies often get stuck with big NOs before getting to the YES ;-)

I negotiated with the marshals not to cross the 110mph mark with my girlfriend in the car, and avoid buying another helmet on the spot. What can I say, I could not resist, crossed the line at 111mph, got my **** kicked by the marshals, but hey... that was well worth it... my girlfriend loved it and asked for many more! We bought her a helmet and enjoyed the rest of the day dressed like astronauts ;-)

Can't wait to go again - let's all keep in touch and organize.

CT

Hey Shaune,

It will be whenever you guys are up for it, I will be game!

Here are the next sessions:

March
Sat 24th Run What Ya Brung All Cars & Bikes
Sun 25th The Fast Show - The Fast Show - Performance & Modified Car Event - March All Cars & Bikes
Sat 31st Run What Ya Brung in association with PPC Magazine All Cars & Bikes

April
Sun 1st Peak Performance Test & Tune Day All Cars & Bikes
Sat 14th Run What Ya Brung All Cars & Bikes

Check here for more:
RWYB - Dates & Prices

TheFastShow may be a cool event to attend, but probably not the best to hit a maximum of runs.
I managed to run 13 times between 2:30PM and 5PM last Sunday, not bad at all.

Cheerios,

CT

Hey Shaune,

It will be whenever you guys are up for it, I will be game!

Here are the next sessions:

March
Sat 24th Run What Ya Brung All Cars & Bikes
Sun 25th The Fast Show - The Fast Show - Performance & Modified Car Event - March All Cars & Bikes
Sat 31st Run What Ya Brung in association with PPC Magazine All Cars & Bikes

April
Sun 1st Peak Performance Test & Tune Day All Cars & Bikes
Sat 14th Run What Ya Brung All Cars & Bikes

Check here for more:
RWYB - Dates & Prices

TheFastShow may be a cool event to attend, but probably not the best to hit a maximum of runs.
I managed to run 13 times between 2:30PM and 5PM last Sunday, not bad at all.

Cheerios,

CT

Lets get a group of us go down, and a few diesels as i dont wanna be the only one lol

OK - I am up for the 24th March if anyone is interested. It is likely to be quieter than the 25th with the Fast Car event.

Hi SavMan,

24th will for sure be quieter than Sunday 25th (i.e. The Fast Show @ Santa Pod), although it will surely be much busier than any other weekend outside such particular show. Hundreds of visitors will camp overnight that weekend to hit some runs on the 24th and attend the show on the 25th.

By comparison, on Sunday March 11th I managed 13 runs between 2:30PM and 5PM, with a few breaks in between. It was a perfect afternoon and I have been told by the organizers it usually gets far busier on special events.

TBH, I actually thought of stopping by Santa Pod on the 25th, but not so much for the drag runs, rather for the show. I may just do a couple runs for the fun of it.

Let me know your thoughts.

It may seem a little far ahead, but Saturday April 14th (Run What Ya Brung @ Santa Pod) looks like a better pick. No special event this weekend... and enough time for everyone to get organised and join the fun.

Btw SavMan, lucky you!
Looks like you are attending the VMax200 event!
I am not often on the forum, and by the time I heard about it it was already fully booked :-/
Enjoy and let us know how it went!
Cheerios,
CT

It may seem a little far ahead, but Saturday April 14th (Run What Ya Brung @ Santa Pod) looks like a better pick. No special event this weekend... and enough time for everyone to get organised and join the fun.

I will be up for the 14th but may also head over this Saturday just to see how the car performs

CT55 said:
Sounds good for the 14th!

Did you hit Santa Pod on Saturday? How was it?

I did go and my son was back from Uni so we also took his car as well, my first run was a gentle roll out and short shifted to check everything was OK and did a 13.8. However car became erratic when I pulled in and decided not to risk a further run. We spent the rest of the day taken turns in my sons Clio but try as hard as we could we could not break into 14's I even nailed a 0.09 RT and 2.2 60' and a healthy 15.09 1/4.

It was crazy by midday though and we spent over an hour waiting between runs, after my son saw some of the girls there he decided to stay over and managed to get one kind girl to put him up in her tent.

Looks like I made the right decision on not making any further runs in mine though as on the motorway on the way back I had the engine light come on. I have a big decision this week with VMAX coming up on what to do, I have some ramp time on Thursday to fit my headers but depending on what codes come up on Monday once we get the car on star I might even have them pull the 82mm TB off instead as its never been the same since having it fitted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom