Santa Pod RWYB 2nd October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marty359

Car
BMW 330d with indicators and Jeep Renegade also with indicators
Its safety first at this event..........always remember your sun cream :doh:

[YOUTUBE HD]UE5imeMkYPM[/YOUTUBE HD]

That E55K Estate made my jaw drop, seriously.

It looked like it was gonna do a wheelie on the second run from all the torque!

:eek: @ that E55 estate...

What hapend to the other E55?

What was your time in the C32? any improvments on last time?

Thanks for the video.

brilliant video, what I wonder was under the bonnet of the astra in the run against the E55 estate?

Love the E55 estate as it smokes the american thing...

That XR2 near the end looked quick? guess very modified engine.... or something completely different.

Can't believe the video of my first ever run, the lights change so quick, I only set off coz I saw Paul leave the line:eek:
Funny tho after we'd done are 1st run they were quick to tell us we need helmets on from then on, limit was 120mph:D
Really good fun, whether was soooo hot, 30 degrees my car said!!!

Can't believe the video of my first ever run, the lights change so quick, I only set off coz I saw Paul leave the line:eek:
Funny tho after we'd done are 1st run they were quick to tell us we need helmets on from then on, limit was 120mph:D

There were more drivers there with no helmets than with, I would have thought no helmet = no run ?

:eek: @ that E55 estate...

What hapend to the other E55?

What was your time in the C32? any improvments on last time?

Thanks for the video.

My times were in the 13's......ok high 13's :eek: I just cant get it off the line properly and it didnt help that by the time id sat in the que waiting my turn the car was really hot ! theres no way i was pushing it all the way like everyone else, wish id have gone for the heat exchanger now when I had the pulley fitted.

There was a few srt-6 crossfires there with the same engine as mine and they were running mid 14's all day.

Very tempting, would need to get my engine well run in first.

With an autobox is it a case of going for S mode or M mode?

I dont have S or M mode, left foot on the brake with foot hovering over the accelerater.

Sorry Dvb I waited to get a clip of your last run, and I waited and waited and waited some more but the que was so long and then they shut the track to clean it and I had to shoot off.

The astra was very quick but the timing was a bit iffy in the left lane, if you look at Dvb and Lopes's run Dvb has a 5s reaction time when he left the line virtually straight after lopes :dk: and the run with Acid and the astra shows a 5s difference through the beams ! So id say that my times in the left lane can be adjusted to 12.9 :D :p

It was great to see those cars being given the beans, looked like a fun day.

Cheers for that!

The reason I thought it was a '63 was not so much the bodywork, but the lack of supercharger whine, which led me to think it hadn't got one. On the other '55s you could clearly hear it.

Lopes was pretty quick off the blocks too! :thumb:

My times were in the 13's......ok high 13's
redface.gif
I just cant get it off the line properly and it didnt help that by the time id sat in the que waiting my turn the car was really hot ! theres no way i was pushing it all the way like everyone else, wish id have gone for the heat exchanger now when I had the pulley fitted.

There was a few srt-6 crossfires there with the same engine as mine and they were running mid 14's all day.

beg to differ paul`s srt had a best time of..13.5197..speed..104.97.....very impressed with that e63 estate though.....chris

Last edited:
I thought all the pushing was so they didnt waste the race fuel ?

Ah I missed that run Chris, the ones I saw where in 14's and I was chatting to someone that I thought they would be quicker.

I had a quick chat with the silver crossfire owner in the white t-shirt about getting off the line, im sure i got a clip of him.

It was an E55K with E63 body kit, and it's a monster!

A Brummie monster if you please :thumb:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom