Santa Pod - Sun 26th Jan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark300SL

1962-2010. Gone, but not forgotten.
Hi Lads

There is a large Rover meeting at Santa Pod on Sun 26th of Jan and I will be going - I just dont know which car I will be taking this time :)

I know its short notice - but does anyone else fancy a mini meet prior to March ?

Dont forget - Its January and if it rains - Racing will be curtailed / called off !

But the Cafe will still be open for brekky !!!

We would need to be there early if anyone wants to actually run - in case all the slots are taken up like last time !

Mark

Put me down as a definate maybe - I would definatley like to go, but maybe the wife has other ideas.

I reckon it should be OK though.

I'm still going

I know its cold - and it might even get colder ! - but anyone else up for it ?

Mark

Seeing as it it is just down the road I would like to, it would be nice to meet some more of you folks.:rolleyes:

Depends on the weather really, I won't be running mine for obvious reasons!! and if the weather is reasonable ie dry I will try and make it.

If its dry I'll bring the 500E and try and beat my 14.0sec time...Or I might bring the Elise and scare some rovers. ;)

Brian

Bring the Elise down in the Summer - coz 14.0 just isnt gonna hack it :D

I'm aimimg for high 12's this year though anything under 13.3 will be nice!

Andy N is looking for 11's in the new Rover 200 that hes building to replace the 12.2 sec Maestro :) - over 100hp more than when he did the 12.2 - and in a car 250kgs lighter!

My new engine build gets under way in a few weeks - complete with studded and posted block, super knife edged crank, even bigger injectors and fuel pump and a bullet proof headgasket. this engine is being built with 24/25PSi in mind - and will probably be the first Honda 1.6 in this country to hit 350hp

Mark

Mark
I may be interested please could I have some details. Where is it and what time does it all start etc?

Thanks
Ian

Mark,

I'll bring the Elise then. Not sure what the 1/4 time will be, but it's been RR'ed at 198bhp on its K series , so could be fun. :)

Hmm , a turbocharded elise sounds like a good project ....

The rover engine will be right up your street mark ;-)

350bhp Elise ... :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Originally posted by fuzzer
Hmm , a turbocharded elise sounds like a good project ....

The rover engine will be right up your street mark ;-)

I only deal with Honda powered rovers - and the occasional T16 - the K series cant really hack it with power much over 200hp - hence why I sold my 1800 VVC powered coupe - it was nice with 145hp - but just not enough.

I'd like to see a 198Hp K series - coz most of the ones I've heard of are all hot air - I know a few of the Elise crew have had over 200hp - but they are few and far between - but the negine rebuilds are'nt !!

Mark

Originally posted by BrianDrought
Mark.... who do you know of with 200bhp+ ? Theres only a few and I know em ;-)

A colleague is Elise mad. However, I have had to claw this information out of him (he is a quiet guy). His first was heavily modified to 220BHP (a claim I at least believe he believes, he is not one to brag). However an unfortunate ending, with it leaving the road and a large insurance claim means it is no more.

His 2nd Elise, I am not sure the power of, although he says anything that can can be replaced has been and there is not much that is stock. Compared to Brian's, Brian's look like an off roader as his is so low. Front number plat can just get a fag packet underneath and regularly gets snapped off.

I showed Brian's website to him today, and he says you are a nutter for driving in the snow. However, he has those barely road legal tyres Yokohama do, that are almost slicks.

He likes your 50th anniversary Elise, but says he would not have your wheels as they are too heavy!

Don't shoot the messenger!

EDIT: I forgot my punch line!!

All this and he breaks down on the way to work today. Damp in the ignition!

Last edited:
Are we still on for next week?

Mark, any idea what car you will be taking yet?

You are the ring leader for this event, so do you know what time/meeting places?

Any others going to add to the definates list for another MBC GTG?

Graham

I definately wont have the Rover ready, so I'm almost certainly going down in my mates 220turbo

Cya there if you are coming

Mark

I can't make it there to pod I got some GF issues, she wants to 'talk' :confused:

This is tomorrow people!

I will be there for 10am. Will Park up somewhere away from all the serious people prepping their cars, but as close to the Cafe as Poss! About where we were last time for those who know.

I know we have lots of members not too far from Wellingborough, so are any of you going to come?

Hope it's going to be more than just me and Mark at this one, because Mark isn't even taking his MB (I believe he is desserting us to the Rover massive), so the side is lacking at the moment!!

(J/K Mark :p )

Originally posted by Koolvin
I can't make it there to pod I got some GF issues, she wants to 'talk' :confused:

Vinay and George Fraiser have a special relationship :eek:

Damn, I forgot!:crazy:

I have just pulled half the interior out of the car to do an ICE install, don't know if I will get it finished tonight ready to be drivable in the morning.:eek:

I could always go in the Mondy....................not!!!

Will have to see how far I get tonight with it.:)

K, that sounds scary...................having to 'talk'. Much rather wash the car.:p

Originally posted by jimmy
Damn, I forgot!:crazy:

I have just pulled half the interior out of the car to do an ICE install, don't know if I will get it finished tonight ready to be drivable in the morning.:eek:

I could always go in the Mondy....................not!!!

Will have to see how far I get tonight with it.:)

don't BS jimmy it took me 10 minutes to do this today (he wanted to shampoo the carpets so leather came out again today)

heheh, but Ice install does take ages!

Attachments

• dsc01726.jpg
    dsc01726.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 38

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom