Santa Pod

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marty359

Car
BMW 330d with indicators and Jeep Renegade also with indicators
I took my baby to Santa Pod for the last rwyb recently and out of all the cars lined up by pure chance I got to run against a growling Mustang GT absolutely stunning it was with huge 20" wheels:cool: We was level up to about 70-80 then he....well,left me:(

Do the regulars on here ever have days there? it would of been nice to see a few Mercs running the strip I was the only one on the whole site.

If this works you can see it here,although its not a great quality clip as my girlfriend cleared the settings just before I ran.

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s87/kippydean/?action=view&current=DSCF2316.flv

Photo-0228.jpg

Did you actually switch the engine on or get pulled along by some mysterious magnetic force..??

In comparison to the Mustang you can't hear your car.

Last edited:
The slip wont scan, its too faint.

Reaction +.4989
1/4 mile 13.37
1/4 mile mph 111.74 the GT finished at 117

this was on my second run where I turned off the ESP to warm the tyres

the first run was

Reaction +.7691
1/4 mile 14.15
1/4 mile mph 102.81

How do you do the run?

Do you have ESP on? Do you wait for 'go' and then plant your foot or do you use the brakes to hold the car against the engine ........?

Looks like good fun.

13.3 is good. I recall an SLK32 getting about 13.2 which I was impressed with.

Nice once.

Yes it was great fun:D

£10 admission and £20 for unlimited runs, although it did get busy towards mid day.

As you approach the start there is a small wet area where I turned off the ESP:eek: quick spin of the wheels to warm them and you move forward towards the start.ESP back on you creep forward untill you get 1 orange light on the column then a little further you get a 2nd orange light,left foot on the brake and my right gently on the accelerator.When both cars have 2 lights another orange set flash briefly before green and wooo hooo your off.

Last edited:
:eek: Surely not a standard V8 Mustang to be crossing the line at 117mph??

I'm hoping to go soon and see if the changes I'm making to my car will have had any effect,

I've been checking http://www.rwyb.co.uk/dates.php

and it looks like there are a few dates coming up so I'll have to put some time aside and head on down, might even break into the 12's :bannana:

looking at your times, reaching 111 mph is a great result, is your car modified ?

Low 13's is very fast for any road car - I would be happy with a 4 door saloon that ran that quick

I have built 3 1600 CRx's that ran 12's and my 2.0 NASP runs 13.03

We intend to get Eddies car into the 11's this year though :)

I've been up there several times with my BMWs.

Ran a 13.4 at 104MPH with my 335 turbodiesel coupe. Still stock before the remap. Never went back after the remap as I found out there is little to gain, thrill wise, driving flat out in a straight line. I prefer fast corners :D

I've run my Skyline a few times but never my Merc

Best of 12.8@116 so far

Spent years and years drag racing bikes so its a lot slower but still fun

scan001001_1.jpg

02.jpg

I'm hoping to go soon and see if the changes I'm making to my car will have had any effect,

I've been checking http://www.rwyb.co.uk/dates.php

and it looks like there are a few dates coming up so I'll have to put some time aside and head on down, might even break into the 12's :bannana:

looking at your times, reaching 111 mph is a great result, is your car modified ?

My cars completely standard, well i think it is ive only had it about 4 weeks.All i did was check the tyre pressures and a tank of expensive v max unleaded.Next time im going to run with 1/4 of a tank to try and get into the 12s:)

My cars completely standard, well i think it is ive only had it about 4 weeks.All i did was check the tyre pressures and a tank of expensive v max unleaded.Next time im going to run with 1/4 of a tank to try and get into the 12s:)

lower the tyre pressures a little 5psi helps no end

Well, I went back to Santa Pod trying to better my times but I couldn't even match them:( Max speed I only got 105.72mph and the 1/4 mile in 13.5246.

But I did get to run with an AMG SLK:)

He finished 1/4 mile 13.3760 at 106.76
I finished 1/4 mile 13.6608 at 103.20

Unfortunately no video as this was an early run before my friend arrived but i do have a very close run with a.............Chrysler neon if anyones interested.

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s87/kippydean/?action=view&current=5e45d903.flv

I had a 13.7.

I only did two runs and those were the first two quarter mile sprints I have ever done in any car. Launching a 4wd car is a bit of an art as apart from at obscene rpm, you don't really get wheelspin so it is a balance of not bogging down, not slipping the clutch too much and not hammering the drive train too badly.

It felt quick off the line and I did launch pretty hard. It wasn't a bad time, but it could have been a tad lower.

The tenths are really done to performance on the day and unless you are good and expereinced, I think results will be pretty varied. I ran against a Litchfiled subaru for that run which I beat (just). Later inthe day he was running 13.2's.

On the day I saw plenty of fast cars run slower times or similar times - E46 M3's, M3 CSLs, B7 RS4s. All should have been quicker but weren't.

Likewise there was an SLK32 hitting low 13's fairly consistently.

Mid to low 13's for a regular road car is fast with a capital F!

Well, I went back to Santa Pod trying to better my times but I couldn't even match them:( Max speed I only got 105.72mph and the 1/4 mile in 13.5246.

But I did get to run with an AMG SLK:)

He finished 1/4 mile 13.3760 at 106.76
I finished 1/4 mile 13.6608 at 103.20

Unfortunately no video as this was an early run before my friend arrived but i do have a very close run with a.............Chrysler neon if anyones interested.

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s87/kippydean/?action=view&current=5e45d903.flv

105 is a very high speed for only a 13.5 , its the launch thats hurting you your car is making plenty of power

Whats your 60ft time ???

Are you or any other members going again, I would would like to have a couple of runs at Santa, rather be with other mercs than Jap thingys.

Thanks
Gareth.

105 is a very high speed for only a 13.5 , its the launch thats hurting you your car is making plenty of power

Whats your 60ft time ???

I dont get to log on very often as ive been doing long hours away from home.

The fastest 60ft time i got was 2.0521 and the slowest 2.9919.

Gareth, I may be going back in July if the weathers nice.Next on my list is a track day.

Marty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom