SAP V2 module and Moto K1 phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

corned

MB Enthusiast
Car
car
Has anyone tried (succeeded) in pairing the two items above?

Having studied mercupgrades.com the K1 handset is listed as compatible with the SAP V2 module. I have had success only so far in getting paired up.

Following the instructions, I can get as far as COMAND recognising the K1 handset being available, and appearing on the list on the screen, but when I select the K1 option and see the 16-digit PIN it all goes wrong. The instructions state that I should enter this 16-digit PIN on the phone when the number appears on the COMAND screen. What happens is that I get a few seconds when the PIN shows on the screen and then I hear the 'Failed' melody from COMAND. Entering the numbers on the phone, or not, has no effect. (I also see an envelope logo appear on the COMAND screen when this 16-digit PIN appears - which I assume to be a SMS message arriving, but can't figure out how to get into it.)

Do you just enter the numbers and press the green dial button? I.e. am I supposed to attempt to dial the PIN? Or should there be a PIN entry screen on the phone (there isn't)?

By the way, the whole thing works fine when I put the SIM itself into the SAP module.

Anyone have any clues please?

The SAP V2 only seems to pair properly with Nokia and a few Siemens phones.

I dont remember putting a list of compatable phones for SAP V2 on mercupgrades.com though (although there is a link to the bluetooth list of phones that have SAP in them but not all work & its not that clear)

I also can't see any reference to SAP in the K1 manual.

So, I dont beleive the K1 will be compatable with SAPV2 - but its worth trying. The 16 digit number appears on the COMAND screen. Then you must wait for the phone to ask you for the pairing code (a few seconds) and enter it then, enter it and it should pair.
It seems though that the phone is rejecting the request rather than putting the request for pairing code on the screen. (sort of supporting the fact that it doesnt support SAP)

On Nokia you can enable/disable SAP (remote SIM mode) and its worth checking its available and turned on, on the K1

Also, id ensure you have the latest firmware on the K1 !

I hope that helps a bit

Richard

Richard

Motorola support lists these bluetooth profiles as supported for the K1:

DUN-GW, FT-Server, GAP, GAVDP, Headset-AG, HFP (1.5) AG, OPP-Client, and OPP-Server profiles

Not SAP.....

Thanks, W124coupe.

I have given up, and as you say if SAP isn't on the list then no wonder I was struggling.

The car/module sees the K1 fine, but the phone doesn't see the car and prompt for an access code.

I bought the SAP module in anticipation of a new handset, but wondered if it would work in the meantime with my old clunker. Still, it was worth a go. I'll just have to hurry up and upgrade to a proper phone!

I know it's the US networks mentioned against the K1, but it is also definitely a SAP module list!

Sadly its not. the US HFP cradle initially looked like the SAP - that picture is the USA HFP :-(

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom