SAP V4...Works With Galaxy S3!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr G

Car
C-Class Coupe 250 CDI
Hi All,

This is my first post, but I think some of you may be interested in the Bluetooth SAP V4. I have been tracking this elusive gadget for the last year and disappointed each time its availability date drifted to the right. Its part number, A212 906 4202, popped up in a few accessory brochures, but the details were scant. The parts department at my dealership found one in stock at Mercedes UK this week and I picked it up today. It pairs with my Samsung Galaxy S3 with correct operation via the car aerial, for voice, SMS, phone book transfer and Command Online data. (Still slow by the way!)

If you are as mad as me to pay the high price, (dare not tell the wife!), then have fun :D

Mr G

That's good news. Don't really know a lot about it but what was the cost and is it a software or hardware upgrade ? Wonder if it works with the iPhone ???

That's good news. Don't really know a lot about it but what was the cost and is it a software or hardware upgrade ? Wonder if it works with the iPhone ???

Sadly obee72, not much change out of £500, and that was with asking for a discount. The V3 version was about £360, so quite a hike. The manual does not provide a list of compatible phones, but points you to Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth Connectivity This site is still not showing the existence of the new module and no iPhones are listed as compatible with the V3 module. On that point, nor is my S3 listed, but I took an educated gamble based on rSAP for Android information from here Compatibility

Is the SAP v4 compatible with 3g networks for voice?

I am in Australia and have an SAP v2 unit in my w164. The v2 is only compatible with the 2g/GSM network. Does anyone know if the v4 is compatible with the 3g (UMTS) network for telephone/voice calls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom