Sapphire autos and Wayne Gates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cls350doc

Car
cls 350
Stay away, that's all I got to say....poor

ok so Sappire Autos...overal great cust service, I've even given them a good review. After great prices on a couple of occasions, suddebly I was being charged a lot. Brake pads on my CLS £400, and the issue with my steering which I have been assured is the clockspring, £500....was told I needed clockspring + SCM reaplced without inspection.

WG, never been there, but simply brake pad changes £400+ and had this done for £200. Also messaged the guy regarding sensor changes and replied back asking for reg number and then never heard anything back.

Just be careful.

Wayne Gates are a very highly regarded Indy, no point in slagging them off here.

It's my opinion

As a medical Dr that goes the extra mile...people need to know the people that are playing the game..

As a medical Dr that goes the extra mile...people need to know the people that are playing the game..

Don't be so quick to judge Wayne Gates. Yours is the first negative post I have read on here since I joined the forum 8 years ago.

I'm sure he will respond in the near future.

but simply brake pad changes £400+ and had this done for £200.

Genuine parts V ECP or similar ?

The hourly rate may also play a big part in the quotation.

Kenny

ok so Sappire Autos...overal great cust service, I've even given them a good review. After great prices on a couple of occasions, suddebly I was being charged a lot. Brake pads on my CLS £400, and the issue with my steering which I have been assured is the clockspring, £500....was told I needed clockspring + SCM reaplced without inspection.

WG, never been there, but simply brake pad changes £400+ and had this done for £200. Also messaged the guy regarding sensor changes and replied back asking for reg number and then never heard anything back.

Just be careful.

Just because of some late replies and you deemed an indie to be poor??
Really? You haven't even had your car serviced or touched by them as yet.

Plus the medical Dr thing? No relevance here in a car forum.

I stand by my views

I've no axe to grind and I haven't used WG but wouldn't hesitate to after all the good reviews on here.

What's your actual problem with them, can you be specific?

I stand by my views

You have the right to but appear to be in the minority...

To recommend others stay away from a business you have not even used yourself is a bit of a stretch.

What's being a Doctor got to do with it ? Are we meant to believe you because of this ?

Plus the medical Dr thing? No relevance here in a car forum.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Have you never seen the adverts for used cars where it makes a point of stating that the previous owner was a Doctor? :D

Last edited:
I look forward to seeing u all at my surgery....located in brum right next to MSL

You can see that far??

I look forward to seeing u all at my surgery....located in brum right next to MSL
So, did you ask MSL for a quote to do the work ?

cls350doc said:

Assuming you work and live near/in brum, why ask for quote in London?!?
Then trying to post negative feedback just based on a quote?

I'd be concerned in seeing a doctor who jumps to conclusions based on little evidence. I work with doctors a lot and the vast majority are very astute making risk based decisions based on factual evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom