Sapphire autos and Wayne Gates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been to Terry @ Wayne Gates and had work done very well and in budget - which was absolutely reasonable.

As a woman I usually have to deal with garages/dealers who think im a ****wit or look around for my husband to deal with - with Terry and his team there was none of that and my service 'experience' was top notch. I came away feeling good about my car being fixed there - which is more than I can say about most $tealers.

Not only that but Terry is available for any customer in my view and has given me direct advice about other supplers - which have been no benefit to him, that for me is a sign of excellent customer service. My view of WG and Terry is "always above and beyond" which is a rare experience generally.

I would heartily recommend Terry and WG

I too would -and have- recommended Terry @ WG to others.
Ive been more than happy with the work carried out, and the advice given by him.

(Inc recent suspension work & service - serene wafting restored, thanks Terry)

The OP obviously doesn't believe in 'second opinions' :)

What's the difference between God and a Doctor?
God doesn't think he's a doctor.......

Dear all,

Thank you for the comments and perhaps I deserve it as I mentioned my Dr status.

Of course, I made some inappropriate comments and I do apologise for that.

I admit me making this thread may have made peoples' minds blow up, but it is honest. The residual comments are a reaction to comments made by yourselves.

I am not an arrogant person at all, and respect peoples opinions, hence I respect yours.

I am basing my review on my communication with WG, and am sorry that it hurts people, but better to be honest. It was nice to see a couple of posts with people asking what the exact issue was, as opposed to 'slagging' me off.

In terms of Sapphire autos, as stated I have no issues with customer service (it is very good), however as we know anyone will initially go beyond duty, as stated above with an emergency situation, but things change, as I have seen from 2 other indys.

Owning a Mercedes or not, I feel does not mean we get ripped off.

Perhaps I should have mentioned to WG that I was from MBclub, which may have lowered the price or changed the behaviour. Who knows.

Regardless, it seems that there are avid WG followers. Even still, I stand by my indy review.

My intention was not in any way personal, and I have not actually dealt with WG in person but have done via other means, which I have concerns about.

Regardless, it is the New Year and wish everyone well and no hard feelings.

TC of yourselves

Dear cls350doc,

Thank you for your post.

I for one appreciate the gesture.

Just to add that the entire affair could have been avoided had you simply described your experience and let the readers draw their own conclusions. It was the phrase 'Stay away' that was and still is objectionable to many here.

Have a happy new year.

Cool story but still haven't explained what was wrong with WG, you initially said you hadn't heard back from them but are now saying you didn't like their quote?

Which is it?

ok the issue is both. This started over a year ago, a simple text regarding a service, and yes received a reply, and quote was well above what I had been quoted by a few other places. In fact, Sapphire Autos quoted the best price hence went with them. As I mentioned I gave them a great review.

So, many months after, needed brake pads changing, so asked Sapphire Autos for a quote, came in the region of £400 total incl labour. WG was even more.

Now Sapphire Autos, great and the owner was available for urgent advice and part fitting, but I began to feel worried why I was quoted near £500 for parking sensor fault finding and replacement if needed.

I have been dealing with a recent Indy, and was shown the STAR diagnostic report, and was told it is simply 2 sensors needed replacing in the back, cost....£175

same thing with my steering issue regarding controls and horn not working...given quotes 2 quotes, one £200 ish and other near £500. However was advised that there is no guarantee that the fault would be fixed with the £200 deal.

Approached the new Indy I know, and was told it is the clockspring...£89.99 part and 30 mins labour....big difference.

Now further more regarding WG, I sent communication regarding sensor changes and received a message regarding my car reg, but never heard anything back after that.....I am guessing there are some hard feelings or he is busy...even still we are all busy, and I don't believe there is any excuse.

Admit I have not got much in terms of justification regarding WG, and the evidence says it all, but as I said first impressions count.

In no way is my review a way of ruining someones business. I'm sure they will all survive :D

But, the lesson I have learnt is that on a few occasions you get the best price and things change after that. I can't comment on WG as not dealt with him, but initial impressions matter, which has deterred me away from there.

This situation has made me realise that MB is not worth being part of, and never had similar issues with my prev golf. Well did have issues, but never had to join a forum to try and solve mechanic problems and give annoying indy reviews. Says a lot about this car...important learning point for me.....

All that this proves is, trying to find the cheapest quoat possible is not always a good idea as it will more than likely come back and bite you in the ****.

Why buy a Mercedes then try and run it as cheaply as possible?

Last edited:
This situation has made me realise that MB is not worth being part of, and never had similar issues with my prev golf. Well did have issues, but never had to join a forum to try and solve mechanic problems and give annoying indy reviews. Says a lot about this car...important learning point for me.....

I think less explanation by yourself on this thread would be advisable. You are inviting further comments by saying MB is not worth being part of on a dedicated MB forum and a big part of members on here love their 3 pointed star, myself included.

Trying to compare with a golf is totally unnecessary. I am sure there are a lot of golf owners who feel their golf gives them loads of issues too. Plus labour charge and parts prices for VW may not be similar to MB.

If you CLS is 2006 reg, then there is bound to be wear and tear issues.

Giving annoying indy reviews is not what usually happens here... might just be an isolated incident... :dk:

ok the issue is both. This started over a year ago, a simple text regarding a service, and yes received a reply, and quote was well above what I had been quoted by a few other places. In fact, Sapphire Autos quoted the best price hence went with them. As I mentioned I gave them a great review.

So, many months after, needed brake pads changing, so asked Sapphire Autos for a quote, came in the region of £400 total incl labour. WG was even more.

Now Sapphire Autos, great and the owner was available for urgent advice and part fitting, but I began to feel worried why I was quoted near £500 for parking sensor fault finding and replacement if needed.

I have been dealing with a recent Indy, and was shown the STAR diagnostic report, and was told it is simply 2 sensors needed replacing in the back, cost....£175

same thing with my steering issue regarding controls and horn not working...given quotes 2 quotes, one £200 ish and other near £500. However was advised that there is no guarantee that the fault would be fixed with the £200 deal.

Approached the new Indy I know, and was told it is the clockspring...£89.99 part and 30 mins labour....big difference.

Now further more regarding WG, I sent communication regarding sensor changes and received a message regarding my car reg, but never heard anything back after that.....I am guessing there are some hard feelings or he is busy...even still we are all busy, and I don't believe there is any excuse.

Admit I have not got much in terms of justification regarding WG, and the evidence says it all, but as I said first impressions count.

In no way is my review a way of ruining someones business. I'm sure they will all survive :D

But, the lesson I have learnt is that on a few occasions you get the best price and things change after that. I can't comment on WG as not dealt with him, but initial impressions matter, which has deterred me away from there.

Give it a rest Doctor, as I for one have no empathy or sympathy with you. You had your chance in your opening post to explain and didn't bother. When requested by myself and one or two others to give an explanation and expand on your opening statement you didn't bother. So, no matter what you say now holes no water imo.

Anyway, just think about it. Who would really want you as a customer after reading this thread...

I can't comment on WG as not dealt with him
Yet you did?

What's more worrying is your flippant attitude towards making assumptions and yet you purport to be a doctor, god help your patients!

Yet you did?

What's more worrying is your flippant attitude towards making assumptions and yet you purport to be a doctor, god help your patients!

not dealt with him in person as I mentioned. No reflection on my practice at all...made clear my views.

Sorry if it hurts but stand by my opinion.

This will be my last post and sure you all will be glad.

Sorry if you are hurt by honesty but I can't do much.

Any compromisation of my life as a Dr and my family will involve legal and police action.

TC of yourselves.

not dealt with him in person as I mentioned. No reflection on my practice at all...made clear my views.

Sorry if it hurts but stand by my opinion.

This will be my last post and sure you all will be glad.

Sorry if you are hurt by honesty but I can't do much.

Any compromisation of my life as a Dr and my family will involve legal and police action.

TC of yourselves.
And on that bombshell....It's goodnight from us.

Best you go away and play somewhere else so. Bye, bye.

My my, what a pack of wolves. Someone expresses an opinion only to be turned on from all directions. OK, so it wasn't a fully detailed opinion, but when such posts are offered they too get slated for being boring and over complicated. All that the many pages of insults and aggression have achieved is bringing to greater attention one person's displeasure with a couple of companies that are generally well accepted. A few of the posts have been just as they should and simply gave opposing views following good experiences. That's all that was needed. But no, the wolves had to get together and attack. Not for the first time on this forum. So sad.

I frankly can't see how anyone's life may be compromised by people passing on ACTUAL examples of service received.

I do believe that's how people learn in many walks of life........

Someone somewhere wants busy people to keep chasing them, as they are possibly too busy (or important) to chase the info or service required themselves... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom