Sapphire Autos - Harrow, NW London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HEER

Car
W202 C43 AMG Silver
Having searched this Mercedes Bible that is MBClub.co.uk, I have decided on Sapphire Autos to give my C43 the once over.

As a background I bought her on Saturday from Motor house Birmingham after haggling for best part of the morning and trading in my B6 Audi A4 190 T Sport.

Drove her home no problems but there are some things that need doing and I want to put my mind at ease as my wife will also be driving her about.

Booked in to have the following done and have been quoted as follows -

MOT and minor service - £260
Gearbox service - £240
Diff oil change - £155

She needs a new battery too - £140ish genuine Mercedes.

The guy I spoke to on the phone was polite and seemed confident speaking about the car, lets see if they know their stuff on the day! Will report back on Monday as the car is booked in on Saturday morning but with all this work and they are only open half day it might stay over a coupe of days at the garage.

Tan

Thanks for the info AMGeed!

Having done more browsing, and cooling off a bit on my urge to get the 43 in mint condition as fast as possible, I have got a quote from Prestige Car Services in Portsmouth and they are quite a bit cheaper on the major bits like gearbox service and diff oil change so I will be booking in with them once the car has got a fresh MOT and battery.

I understand the owner/ head mechanic at PCS is a forum member? Is that right?

HEER said:

Yep that will be Olly all round nice ( ish ) guy ;0)))

He will get your c43 100% as it should be.

Awesome, that is just what I need, competent and enthusiastic mechanics who don't just see cars as a job!

Thanks The_Don!

I have been reading more on PCS and they seem to only have good things said about them so cant wait to get the 43 in for a clean up.

Got it booked in for the 1st October as I can only make weekends.

Jesus christ what are they putting in diff's up there? Liquid gold?!

(Natacha here btw)

(Natacha here btw)

Hi Natacha,

Haha exactly! As you can see from my email I sent you, I wasn't lying about you being cheaper!:rock:

Thanks for the info AMGeed!

Having done more browsing, and cooling off a bit on my urge to get the 43 in mint condition as fast as possible, I have got a quote from Prestige Car Services in Portsmouth and they are quite a bit cheaper on the major bits like gearbox service and diff oil change so I will be booking in with them once the car has got a fresh MOT and battery.

Your car will be in good hands at PCS:thumb:

I would shop around for a price on the battery, no need to pay £140. The correct MB part can be bought from a commercial dealer for £62+VAT.

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van Battery A000 982 33 08/26 12v 100ah 019 EN760A. | eBay

Contact these people, Rossetts Commericals or try Orwell Truck & Van - even with delivery should be under £100.

Agree regards those prices - £155 for diff oil ?!? :confused:

Will

(Natacha here btw)

Yes, mixed with myrrh by rubbing on the thighs of teenage virgins from Gosport.

On that basis it's an absolute steal. :D

Not all of us obviously !

I just booked the car in with Terry to have a look at the cat/s as there is a terrible rattle when the car is turned on, whether its idle or driven.

Hopefully the cats can be removed without the risk of me failing the MOT next year!:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom