Sat behind an SLR last night through Richmond.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
Last night, my usual dreary commute was brightened up somewhat as I was directly behind an SLR for about 5 or 6 miles or so.

Must have been an early one as it was on a 53 reg LHD and had a white sticker on the back saying pre-production car or concept car or words to that effect.

The driver may well have been Simon Cowell (spelling?) but it was only a guess judging by his stature and sillhouette of his haircut. Anyway, the thing that struck me apart from the obvious beauty of the car was the driving standards of the driver concerned. In the time I was behind him, he had no fewer than three near misses and he wasn't exactly driving fast.

The first incident, he pulled out onto a roundabout without looking and both he and another vehicle had to swerve and emergency stop. The other two incidents I think were related to it being a left hooker. The driver clearly didnt appreciate how wide the car was. He spent most of his journey with the offside straddling the centre line and on two occasions, didnt leave nearly enough room for oncomming traffic, twice causing cars to brake hard and swerve to avoid him, one of which involved clipped wing mirrors.

I wonder who the hell lent this chap the car &/or which poor insurer will pick up the tab because from what I saw, it wont be long before a pretty big claim ensues. I personally wouldnt lend him a mini metro based on the evidence before me. :eek:

I know Simon Cowell has an SL55, so maybe he is upgrading? :D

McLaren live in Woking which is not far away. I have seen a number of SLR's rumbling around the area so if LHD & stickered up maybe somebody having a play with a "working" vehicle.

racall said:
Mick jagger has a house in richmond!!!

There's loads of famous people in Richmond and I've bumped into many of them. Mick lives next door to my mum (or used to b4 Jerry kicked him out). I can think of at least 20 'celebs' houses within 3 miles of where I live. With Richmond prices, to have a nice house, you have to be pretty big at something.
:crazy:

recently saw rick parfett loading up his parked SL65 AMG in birmingham city centre, we sat in window of a bar and watched him taking several attempts to get out of the parallel parked cars either side!! Just because they are 'celebs' doesnt mean they can drive!

classicsl said:
recently saw rick parfett loading up his parked SL65 AMG in birmingham city centre, we sat in window of a bar and watched him taking several attempts to get out of the parallel parked cars either side!! Just because they are 'celebs' doesnt mean they can drive!

Rick is a pal of mine and has a CL65 AMG - remember this is a very large car . He's not that bad a driver ..... believe me ! ;)

Hi,

Not that Simon Cowell needs any support from me! but he was a 'b....y' good/fast :D driver on Top Gear's "star in a 'crate'/cheap car etc." or something.

Cheers,

if it was Simon Cowell then his pants belt would be somwhere round his nipples causing chaffing which would hinder his driving :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom