Sat Nav and DAB overseas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keejoonc

Car
C63 AMG
Hi guys,

Does anyone know what work is required if I were to take my car from the UK to Australia in terms of being able to use the Sat nav and DAB there?

Is it just a matter of getting someone to change the maps to Australian one for Sat nav? Will DAB/FM/AM radio just work? How expensive would all this be?

I may consider taking my car with me when I move back to Australia next year so currently researching what needs done and costs involved.

Thanks.

What age is your C63. Pre facelift the factory tuner is DAB, post it is DAB and DAB+
- AUS uses DAB+

There is a replacement tuner for the DAB tuner that will do DAB+ if pre-facelift (speak to Comand Online, and in fact the next version will drive the factory antenna, so an easy swop and no need for a separate windscreen antenna.

You should be able to change the maps. Possibly cheaper to do here rather than there - again different for pre and post facelift cars

Richard

What age is your C63. Pre facelift the factory tuner is DAB, post it is DAB and DAB+
- AUS uses DAB+

There is a replacement tuner for the DAB tuner that will do DAB+ if pre-facelift (speak to Comand Online, and in fact the next version will drive the factory antenna, so an easy swop and no need for a separate windscreen antenna.

You should be able to change the maps. Possibly cheaper to do here rather than there - again different for pre and post facelift cars

Richard

Mine's a 13 plate so facelift version. So I guess the radio should work without any issues and I only need to get the maps changed? I wonder whether traffic monitoring will still work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom