Sat Nav and general software

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ander88

Car
A200
Morning everyone,
My A Class was recently recalled to the garage after I purchased it so that they could apply a missing software patch. They wouldn't tell me what the patch was for an just said it was missed at the last service.

Since then a few settings have changed mainly on the sat nav and I've managed to get to the bottom of them apart from one.

I have the full touch screen display with HD Navigation. I'm not sure the official name for the system!

Now each time I start the car the display defaults to the Sat Nav. Previously before the update it defaulted to the last audio source.

I've been through all profile and display settings I can find and even made a new profile with the audio source as default and deleted the others but each time it shows the sat nav.

Not really a problem, more just an annoyance.

The other challenge I've had is with the interior scene lighting. It all of a sudden wouldn't change colour or brightness and then just stopped working. It would only work if the doors were opened and closed twice.

The only way I found to get it to work correctly and has been for a few weeks now, was to turn off the brightness zones, set it to blue and start from scratch. It seems to be fine now. Maybe another software glitch?

Has anyone any tips that they could share?

Id take it back to Merc and tell them to sort it out. I suspect they didn't update all the software that they should have and something is not talking to something else as a result. But I can't believe that they wouldn't tell you what they were going to do to your car .... I wouldn't have let them do it without telling me ....

R

Thanks Richard. I've got it booked back in now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom