Sat Nav CD/DVD Map Costs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
It was only the other week, I noticed enough road changes to look and see if there was an update for my Panasonic Sat Nav.

Currently I have a 2003 DVD (Navteq).

There wasn't one, but then today, I was pleased to get a letter from them saying the 2004 DVD was out.

One issue. It's £167.66!!!

I know it's a DVD, I know it has 14 countries on it in detail, but £160!!!!??

How does this compare with other Map CD's you guys use? How much are the CDs/DVDs for Command?

I mentally had about £80 in mind, which I was OK with, but at that price I think I might wait until 2005!

At least in the region of £100 for one country normally, with Teleatlas DX . . . so yours sounds like a bargain for the whole of Europe !! (although depends how often you will have the need to use the european maps !!)

I have the 03 / 04 at the moment - for which there have been two updates so far since I bought it . . .04, and 04 with TMC . . . so will probably wait for the 05 with TMC before changing.

**EDIT** - The newly released 04 TMC version, for UK only is **£155** - yes - thats just for the UK !! - compared to just £90 for the non-TMC version !!

S.

Last edited:
The software for the double din Nav systems i get is £200, again its dvd but like you say there is a lot of info on there (whole of europe and eight languages), but it gets expensive if your changing them every year. Luckily for me I get the replacements for £60, If i was paying £200 i think id leave it every 2 -3 years.

the update for the Garmin streetpilot was 90 quid - but upgraded to all of europe as well...

but im tight - so i waited 3 years - not really a problem if you just check the map at junctions...

The becker update disks (Audio-30 APS and Comand APS) also include a load of operating system software aswell as map data - I was at my dealer yesterday talking to my friendly tech, and he says the new software irons out a few bugs aswell, and it was worth upgrading.

The blaupunkt disks (i.e teleatlas/dx for COMAND) mainly contain just the mapping data and program sections

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom